What's new

Zirh Shave Gel

This is for the Zirh Shave Gel product.

Mine came in a 100mL tube, not the pictured tub which I used to show the color of the product, and came in a set with after and pre shave products. I got it at Marshalls for very cheap. The retail price on zirh.com is $15, which I would not pay for the product.

The tube makes it handy to dispense just the right amount. Think hair gel thickness. The tube stands on its end, and, well, that's about it.

Scent? Clean gel / soap like scent. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. I was not looking for a good smelling product, so the fact that it does not offend me is about all that I was looking for.

How does it perform? The Gel does not lather at all, which was not a surprise to me. I start with a wet face, sometimes using their preshave, and rub the clear gel in to my face. I'll shave with my DE and it seems to clog up a bit easier than when I'm using a regular cream or gel. Not so bad that the shave is effected if I rinse the razor when I normally do. I don't like that the product goes on clear because I'm not too sure where exactly the product is on my face. I don't get terrible shaves from it, but I do think that the product could stand to be a bit slicker and moisturize a little better. Perhaps my standards are just a little too high from using other products?

I mainly use this product when I am in a bit of a hurry, probably every other week or so. I do not use it when I'm going to try for a BBS shave due to less than primo slickness. I just wouldn't trust it not to tear my face up. It's a product that I'll keep around until it is used up though.

I've tried one or two other latherless products and Zirh's works just as well as the others. I'll say it's about average for what it is - hence the 7 quality score. When I use the entire kit for the shave, I can't say that I'm unhappy with the results. For the price I paid, which was FAR less than retail, I am in fact happy with the results.

Ingredients are not lsited on the tube. From the site, "Key ingredients: Aloe Vera, Ginseng, Glycerin, Seaweed Extract."
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)