What's new

Yatagan by Caron

Top Notes: Lavender, Wormwood, Petitgrain, Artemisia.
Middle Notes: Geranium, Pine Needles, Vetiver, Patchouli.
Base Notes: Leather, Castoreum, Styrax.

There's a little bit of lavender in the opening but much more wood and pine. I don't notice any celery.:lol: Some of this wood reminds me of Iunx Eau Sento and a little like fall leaves and possibly the wood (wormwood/pine). The vetiver and patchouli freshen it up until the nice leather dry down. You can't go wrong with this one and the price is right.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Yowza! So unique and endearing. I was at my friend's house about a month ago when I saw this on his shelf. I asked him if I could try it. He responded, "I hate it and my girlfriend hates it. Hell, you can have it". w00t! :w00t:.

POTENT! One spray does me fine. Very sharp, bold, and complex. I don't get any of the celery so often noted, mostly pine, vetiver and leather. Despite it's inexpensive price tag, all the notes smell very genuine and natural. I've never smelled anything close to this before, it's very different and original.

Great stuff. It's inexpensive, so unloading it on the BST shouldn't be a problem.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
After purchasing this edt from a fellow member and using it, I must say, "I like this". It reminds me of the time I cleared sagebrush for a living. :biggrin: It's a different but entirely enjoyable scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
YATAÄžAN
proxy.php

THE STORY
Launched in 1978, the name alone of Yatagan – a Turkish saber with a curved and finely sharpened blade – invites to travel on the heels of the horsemen of the Ottoman Empire.

Its mysterious, exotic sound evokes the Orient and its far-off adventurous destinations.
I received Yatagan as part of a sampler. When I first sprayed it on I was underwhelmed to say the least. On a clean body the stuff smelled of celery and gunpowder and lasted forever (in a bad way).

Well one weekend I decided to kind of not hit the shower and out if curiosity sprayed it on my sweaty smelly arm pits.

Wow.

The stuff smelled amazing. The celery notes blended with the funkiness of my sweat and disappeared. All that you got was this clean almost leathery musky smell.

What was about to go into the garbage suddenly became a purchase of a full bottle. Once the weather gets hot and sweaty, I see Yatagan and my stinky parts as a perfect match. It really needs sweat to fully complete its scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Great scent! I've been looking a long time before finding it. Found it this weekend in Antwerp in a shop called Perfumeria. They have rare perfumes in this shop.
The price is expensive : 66.80 Eur and was lucky enough to have a discount. First price was 78 Eur :eek:
I've been reading opinions about Yatagan here before and yes, It's smells of celery :biggrin:
It's a quite unusual scent : looks like I sleept in a bed full of celery salt!
But I love it anyway. It's quite original.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is my youth. This is summer in the dry, hot Texas hill country, trimming the oak trees, clearing the fallen branches and burning it all after the sun sets in a fire ring made of stone. It's sharp and acrid, walks tall, walks at its own pace, and generally keeps its own counsel. Yatagan borders on unapproachable at the outset but mellows over time, just like neighbors separated by a barbed-wire fence.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Yeah, well. . . ultimately I do not like this fragrance. It reminds me of a Christmas candle or pot-pouri, and as such it seems a little cheap to me.

It is, however, very bold and distinctive. Very woodsy with a lot of pine. Not for me though.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Yippee ki ay m#@$r f*#%r!!!! Whew, now that I got that out, definitely the epitome of macho. This scent was released in 1976 the same year as Clint Eastwood's "The Outlaw Josey Wales" and John Wayne's “The Shootist" It must have been a tribute to both movies and the men who starred in them. If you are ever feeling weak and vulnerable, spray some Yatagan on and feel ten feet tall, like Clint or the Duke. And don't forget your Six gun, cowboy boots, and Stetson Hat! Yeehaw!!!:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
As someone wrote on Basenotes: "Testosterone in a vial. Rich, wonderful, heady, masculine stuff. Definitely NOT for the weak and indecisive."

I agree 100%. Read all 31 reviews here.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Great review. It is 'gourmand'--celery and gunpowder!

More like a shootout in the kitchen.

Very aggressive scent, but quite unusual. Still, I'll stick to Blenheim's
:biggrin:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It also has a celery scent to my nose. Great narrative.
Doc, Wyatt and I just got out from a shootout with the Clantons at farmer Jones' celery ranch. He grows the giant ones, you know, 10 feet high. There were blackpowder clouds aplenty, and splintered stalks of giant celery. The clouds of gunsmoke and celery were wafting over us till we ran out of ammo.

Then we all sat down for a talk and decided we would meet again in the celery fields tomorrow.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)