What's new

Yardley Gold

Pros: Thick, slick, creamy lather.
Cons: None
Bought a tube at a local Indian Grocery. I will keep going back for more, or look for another store if they should ever run.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I'm the proud owner of two bowls of Yardley Shaving Soap (the green labelled one, in the round bowl) and I deeply hate Yardley for discontinuing this marvelous product (read BEST. SOAP. EVER.). When I saw this cream on the Bay I was happy as a kid in a candy store. Alas, then I used it :glare: and my dreams were shattered...

Price
Very good. Was around 5 bucks with the shipping fees to Italy.

Quality
If this cream was named "The Real England Shaving Heaven" or similar, I would give them the benefit of doubt. But they had the guts to put THAT name on the label, so they deserve to be tarred and feathered :sneaky2: . The paragon with the soap is simply embarassing.

Scent
I don't remember exactly how this stuff smelled like, but I wasn't conquered by that smell. Of course, YMMV.

Latherability
A bit of work with an Omega Pure Badger 666 resulted in a copious amount of slick lather.

Efficacy
The lubrication was very good. The razor glided effortlessly, but the shave wasn't BBS, even after three passes.

Moisturizing Properties
Not so much. I needed a good dose of AS balm because my face tingled.

Packaging
Nice tube in a cardboard box. The graphic is a bit monotonous; everything's gilded and bronzed and screams "fake English style".

This seems a bit unfair review: but if you are able to track one of the (few) remaining pucks made by the real Yardley company (this cream is made in Mumbai under license) you'll immediatley see why I'm so bitter.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I enjoyed this cream a lot. Very slick. Crazy Lather. Fantastic scent. Not quite as moisturizing as the more expensive creams, you'd want an aftershave of some sort. If your a fan of the Yardley Gold scent or cologne scented creams in general, you'll probably be a fan.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I hated this cream. It smelled absolutely terrible, I don't think I've ever been so happy for olfactory overload to set in. I tried to get over this when I tried it again, but it was still pretty bad. It lathered extremely well, but the lather had very little cushion. It was a little bit slick, but I destroyed my face both times I used this stuff. It also stung my face, and when I nicked myself it was almost unbearable. I don't have sensitive skin, but maybe I'm sensitive to something that's just in this cream. Overall a not very pleasant experience, but I suppose YMMV.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
First off, let me thank ECOSSE for the opportunity to test out this cream! The first thing that I noticed about this cream was it's incredibly strong scent. Not really a big fan to be honest. Quite overpowering. The cream lathers like a champ though, mountains of lather. Slick and cushioning. It did dry out my face just a tad, nothing too bad though. Overall I would say this is a pretty decent cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
First thanks to ECOSSE :thumbup1: for the opportunity to review this cream.

Sorry the camera is on the fritz so no pictures. I did my standard shave routine for this review, hot shower, warmed mug, soaked C&E BBB, and a Israeli Red Pack in my HD.
Opening the sample jar you immediately get a perfume based scent. Not my favorite but not a turn off either. It looked very similar to Proraso cream with that opalescent looking cream. I got a good swirl with the BBB and went to building.
This stuff lathers really good, mounds of thick, hydrated cream that felt good on the face. The scent seemed a little more muted now.

The razor glided through effortlessly, good cushion and lubrication. Moisturizing was mediocre to good as I needed ASB afterward, I wouldn't skip it. Seeing pictures on the internet the tube is standard gold, appears to be plastic, but is classy and modern. Price is 10USD for 70ml.

Not the best price compared to some of the others (Musgo, Proraso, and Speick) but affordable. I definitely think you should consider giving this a try.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)