What's new

WOODY's

Ingredients: Soo many goodies!
Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate (good absorption), Isopropyl Palmitate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera Gel), Galactoarabinan (anti-aging! and improves elasticity of the skin), Sea Whip Extract (anti-inflammatory), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (antiseptic and anti-inflammatory), Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (slows the loss of water from the skin), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel), Polysorbate 20, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (tighten and tone the skin), Polysorbate 80, Bisabolol (anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties), Yellow 5, Blue 1, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (antibacterial and antifungal), Methylisothiazolinone, Retinyl Palmitate (Liposome Encapsulated) (vitamin A; anti-oxidant that increases skin elasticity), Tocopheryl (Liposome Encapsulated) (vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Liposome Encapsulated) (antioxidants to slow deterioration caused by exposure to the air and also to control the pH), Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (Hemp Seed Oil) (neutralizes the effects of dehydration), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) and Fragrance.

Impressive list, huh?
Actually, by looking up the ingredients I appreciate this balm even more now. :001_smile

Price: I got it from a Dutch online shop for ca €12. For a tube of 150ml it's not very expensive and falls in the range of the omnipresent Nivea balms. Since it is a US company, people oversees (from my point of view) will get it probably even cheaper.

Quality: A product with a very good price/quality ratio and I would rate it higher than the common Nivea balms.

Fights Razor Burn: If I use a balm, then I punnish myself first with an alum block. So I'm not sure if the relief after a bad shave is coming from the alum block or this balm. But on the other hand, if I have a bad shave, I mostly unwittingly grab this balm, so perhaps it's the balm after all.

Cooling Sensation: Besides putting your nose in the wind after applying or setting the vent at max. speed, you won't feel a cooling sensation as with some other balms except for the natural drying of the balm.

Scent: Overall a nice scent. Somewhat fresh spicy lemon/citrusy which lingers an hour or so and then fades quickly. It's a not-fighting-to-be-on-top-of-other-scents, so it's no problem to apply it with your regular cologne or Eau de Toilette.

Efficacy: It does what you can expect from a good product.

Moisturizing: It's not greasy and actually quite liquid and therefore it's absorbed rather quickly and leaves no grease behind and the skin feels just right afterwards.
I apply it all over my face (also around the eyes) as is stated on the tube that you can.

No Alcohol Burn: It doesn't sting so for the sting lovers, you will have to use the alum block first or use some salt. :001_smile

Apparantly, if you go to their site, they will send some samples on request. I'm looking forward to get some.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love this after shave. It smells great, kindda citrusy maybe pineapple, hard to pinpoint, but it doesn't linger for long.
Is very moisturizing without being heavy. It absorbs quickly and leaves the skin feeling great. For those looking for a cooling sensation or alcohol burn you'll be disappointed. I doesn't have either. But this stuff is full of good ingredients which your skin will appreciate.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Woody's Post Shave Rescue is definitely my favorite A/S balm!!!!
I am far from an expert, but this was recommended to me by my barber, and am I glad I listened!
I am not big into alcohol burn (love smell of boosters, but OUCH), so this balm is just... cooling, no burning!
The scent is awesome, like a super LIGHT citrusy smell!
Nivea sensitive balm doesn't hold a candle to how this moisturizes and I honestly prefer this over Trumper's skins food for adding that skin supple-ness without making it heavy and tacky feeling!
A little bit goes a long way in this, and after a few uses, my skin actually CRAVES this after a shave! :biggrin:
--Also feels good under the eyes to get rid of those late-night party "baggage"! :w00t:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
First of all is you have not had a Woody then go out and get one. I ave been using this stuff for more than a year now and I could not be happier.

THe scent is light and refreshing, kinda citrusy. It lasts all day but is not over powering. It does feel abit greasy going on but all you do is put a light coating on your face and rub until just absorbed then stop. Your face will do the rest.

The shampoo and the most of the other line I would recommend as well except for the body spray grenade and the meat and potatoes. I do not like the spray and I have never used the bar.

GO OUT AND GET A WOODY!!!:biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn