What's new

Woods of Windsor for Men

Now discontinued and becoming difficult to source, and therefore more expensive.

Unfortunate, as now another of my "go to" scents is gone from the retail marketplace joining Yardley Black Label and Dunhill 1934.
I got a sample of this thrown in with an order from an internet merchant, and man am I glad they did that, because I LOVE this scent. It starts off a bit piney/lemony or perhaps with a bit of a rosemary-thyme (no parsley or sage) thing going on, and I kinda groaned a bit (don't like Blenheim, sorry gents), but was rather quickly surprised by how wonderfully the pine/citrus died down to yield to a unqiue take on the old Spanish/English leather-type scents. Nicely woody and spicey, but the spices were not overwhelming as they so frequently are. And the price can't be beat. Very nice, complex, and different.

I've ordered the full-size bottle, but cannot currently rate the atomizer, so it gets an 8.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Again I took Scotto's advice, Woods is relatively easy to aquire here in my part of the country and not expensive either, £12/$22 for a 100ml bottle. I really wish this forum had been about 30 years ago (then again, we didn't have the internet then, did we?), I have missed out on so many wonderful scents, I heartily agree with his description a very masculine aftershave but can also be taken as subtle, only one word for it really, unique.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I ordered a sample from Scott so, while I can't really offer a rating for price, packaging and the like I really do find the scent and complexity intriguing. This is one of the nicest outdoors-type scents I've experienced in a long while and will soon be added to my normal shaving routine. There aren't many colognes or EdTs that I'd care to use on a regular basis but this is definitely one of them.
Jack
This is a bit of an underappreciated gem nowadays. Too many "leathery" scents are cloyingly sweet. Woods of Windsor is very different indeed. The scent reminds me of taking a well-worn saddle and rubbing some leaves and grass on it. It starts out with some green notes with a bit of citrus and dries down to a dry, leathery scent which is quite unique. In the middle there is something elusive which I believe may the clove oil, but that fades away after a while. According to Basenotes, we have:

Top Notes
Lemon, Verbena, Lemongrass, Orange, Bergamot,

Middle Notes
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, Neroli,

Base Notes
Woody

This is a relatively inexpensive, but worth-trying product.

This review can be discussed here.
Top Bottom