What's new

Woods of Windsor Aftershave

Item Description

I have a weakness for alcohol-based aftershaves. I find them a really nice change of pace from the balms, etc. The really high-quality ones, like this one from WoW, don't burn that bad, and actually leave your face feeling very nice.

Although alcohol-based aftershaves burn at first, I believe they are unparalleled at reducing razor irritation. This product has a very interesting scent - very "green" and woodsy. It also leaves your face reasonably moistuized for what it is. This really is a nice, different product.

My score on "moisturizing is relative to all aftershave products, thus it is less than balms. Relative to other after shave products, it is very good.

Latest reviews

I have the COOL variety that I bought from Marshalls. I think that for what I paid it was an excellent buy. I don't think it would have been worth retail, though...At least not to me.

The one I own is a bluish color and is very milky. I believe the scent is Cool Water, but I could be wrong about that as my sniffer has been known to error.

I like the way that it goes on...it's very light and the aroma dissipates easily. Another thing I like is how little you need to accomplish the goal. I literally just dab mu forefinger into the hole and use that on my entire face...works for me, anyway.

Bought mine at Marshalls in Moreno Valley at $2.99, and it was a great buy for the quality.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
As far as alchohol based after shaves go, I'll admit this is the most moisturizing I've tried so far. It really does feel pretty good going on, and leaves my face feeling great.

The one thing I dislike about this AS is the drydown. When you first put it on it has a very clean woodsy scent, just as Scotto described. When it drys down though it seems to morph into a fairly strong "baby powder" scent. Or at least on my skin chemistry it did. This scent seems to hold for quite some time before it eventually morphs again into a lighter scent that's sort of indescribable. Almost a "clean laundry" scent, fresh linen perhaps?

Overall I don't dislike this, but "powdery" fragrences aren't really my boat, and this one seems to dominate in that area.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I have a weakness for alcohol-based aftershaves. I find them a really nice change of pace from the balms, etc. The really high-quality ones, like this one from WoW, don't burn that bad, and actually leave your face feeling very nice.

Although alcohol-based aftershaves burn at first, I believe they are unparalleled at reducing razor irritation. This product has a very interesting scent - very "green" and woodsy. It also leaves your face reasonably moistuized for what it is. This really is a nice, different product.

My score on "moisturizing is relative to all aftershave products, thus it is less than balms. Relative to other after shave products, it is very good.

Item information

Added by
Scotto
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from Scotto

Top Bottom