What's new

Wilkinson Sword razor blades

Pros: Cheap and can be had for about $.20 each from the local drug store
Sharp and leaves a smooth shave
Cons: lasts only 2, maybe 3 shaves before I have to replace
I started off with Shark blades in a cheap butterfly DE safety razor. I did not enjoy the experience. Then my wife found these at the local drug store for a dollar a package of 5. After trying these, it was night and day. I upgraded to a Merkur 34C and these blades absolutely sing with this handle. I highly recommend these blades.

My only issue is that they don't last as long as I would like. I would like to find a way to make them last at least 2 more shaves (from the current 2 - 3 I get now).

Whenever we go to the drug store, we buy the stock out.. These are something I cant risk running out of. I have looked elsewhere and they are super expensive. I would also like to see more than 5 blades per package.

NOTE: I have not tried the new Wilkinson Sword licensed by Gillette. Apparently, I have been lucky and finding all New Old Stock.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good blade for the money.
Cons: None that I would comment on.
Twenty dollars for 40 five packs on Amazon.
Generally three to four shaves a blade.
Been using these for over three years now. No real complaints. Shaves are good and the cost is excellent.
No time perhaps I will go for an assortment pack to broaden my reference base.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: great blade
Cons: paper packaging
A friend recommended these and after a few uses I'm sold. Quality control is outstanding as each blade is top quality providing a smooth, close shave at least 4 uses. I'm not a fan of the paper wrapped blades having grown up with the traditional slide out dispenser, but I haven't cut my fingers yet and when the quality is this good I can live without my preferred packaging.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)