What's new

Wilkinson Sword Pronto disposable razor

I was going to Greece, and I didn't want to carry my DE razor with me. I decided to buy those Wilkinson's because I trust to WS and I use WS DE blades... So, this disposable had to be good.

Shave was good. Not excellent, not very good, just good.
It is very light which is usual for disposables, but not very good for shave.

After 4 days and 3 shaves blade became rusty... :mad:

I wouldn't recommend it for every day, but if you don't have other choice it would be ok. But only for shave or two.
Grip
0.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
1.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
I was looking for something that I can take with me in carry-on luggage on a plane. These razors are available in many drugstores in the Netherlands. I payed €1.89 for 10, not a bad price at all.

I shaved with one of these this morning. Actually, not a bad shave at all. It's closer than what I can achieve with my Wilkinson Sword Classic. Another good thing is the auditory feedback: because of the hollow plastic handle it's easy to hear if your cutting angle is correct.

The fact that it basically weighs nothing is a disadvantage: "no pressure" is just as important as with a metal DE, but harder to accomplish. And because it's so light, it gives the impression that it's harmless, but it's not. I got two or three weepers. And while I hardly ever feel any irritation afterwards with my DE, I do feel a tiny little bit now. Shaving a few days in a row with these could lead to accumulated irritation if I'm not extra careful, I think.

(I didn't give a rating for "balance" because that's meaningless for a weightless razor.)
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
The Wilkinson Sword Pronto disposable razor is one of the best buys in disposable razor land. Like any other disposable razor it does not offer any weight, the pole is too short and it doesn't provide any grip. What sets this razor apart from the rest however is the blade. Wilkinson Sword actually equiped these razors with a good quality blade, it's sharp but also very forgiving. In my opinion the blade is comparable to a Derby DE blade. Unless you press this razor against your face, it's impossible to get nicks or cuts.

Does it provide a close shave? That depends on how you look at it. It certainly does not provide a close shave when compared to a DE but I guess you can't expect that from a cheap plastic razor. For a disposable razor however, I think it does a good job.

Overall this a very good razor for travelling or as back up when you run out of DE blades or your straight is out for honing. Recommended.
Grip
0.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)