What's new

Wilkinson Sword Boar brush

Item Description

This was my very first brush when I began my foray into wetshaving. I figured I'd try a cheap one, and keep it around as a backup if and when I moved up. Well, I would not recommend this, even as a back up.

My biggest problem with it: the shedding. From the very first shave it shed. In a close second is the stiffness of the (boar) bristles (but perhaps this is a little more subjective). It works well for lathering, but not the greatest on the face. Also the handle is shaped a little awkwardly, not the most ergonomic. Otherwise it does it's job. If this brush did not shed so horribly I would recommend it as a beginners brush, or a travel one you wouldn't mind losing.

Suffice it to say, spend a little more money on a badger brush, they are often sold right next to these on the drugstore shelf.

Latest reviews

Pros: Cheap price, widely availible, scrubby action
Cons: Cheap bristle, cheap handle, sheds a lot of hair
Price: Hard to beat the price of this brush and it will give you an idea of what wet shaving is like without spending a lot of dough

Quality: Really poor compared to a good quality boar like an Omega, cheap plastic handle, sheds a lot of hairs

Density: Starts of with mediocre density and then slowly loses it as it sheds hair

Stiffness of tips: Tips are quite stiff with very few split-ends even after long break-in, good scrubby action that is nice if you have a few days of growth or want some exfoliating

Softness of tips: Not very soft at all with very few split-ends

Ergonomic: Even though the handle is made of cheap plastic, it feels quite nice and secure in your hand

Latherability: Very little water retention but will still make a decent lather, especially with harder soaps, good experience with Williams Mug soap
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap,easily available.( UK )
Cons: Hair is somewhat coarse and scratchy.
I have been using this brush for several months now and am happy to say that it has done the job without any real issues. It has shed the odd hair now and again but overall, has held together well.
I would recommend this brush to new shavers or to those on a budget.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Don't know how this brush could be any better considering the price.Mine's being used for months without a lost hair.I get mine in Glasgow Scotland,don't know if It's a different brush altogether.Think It's made in Germany.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Density
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
0.00 star(s)