What's new

West Indian Lime

Pros: Scent
Cons: Lather
For me the scent was a deal maker!! I receivd this as a gift over Christmas from my wife so I was looking forward to using it; she puts alot of thought and energy into her gifts. She got me this soap, along with the sample pack of the cream, body wash, aftershave balm etc which are all fantastic products!!

As a newb, I had a really hard time lathering this up for the first few times. I used both a badger brush, and a $4.99 Wilkinson special, all I got was bubbles.

I used the harder brush later on, this time adding a few drops of glycerine to a bowl and whipping it up that way, and I got MORE!!! More bubbles that is, and not a creamy lather that lasts more than 1-3 minutes on the face (yes I timed it).

I don't want to put this on the shelf yet as I do feel bad because my wife got this for me. But I'm having a hard time with the lather, which isn't good news for my sensitive skin and my mutt Irish and Hungarian steel wool like facial hair.

My next attempt will be after grating it through a cheese grater into the bowl, and putting in a few drops of glycerine as I pack the gratings in and I guess we'll see how she goes....
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: A great scent, a nice bowl
Cons: Less than stellar performance
I tend to be appreciative for a lot of products. It seems that every product has something nice or good. With this Crabtree & Evelyn soap, highlights are scarce.

Sure, the scent is great and the bowl is beautiful and well made. But the soap lacks performance wise, almost to the extent that is useless as a shave soap.

Even after a couple of days, it costs me a long time (maybe ten minutes) to come up with a soap that is not too airy and bubbly. But this lather does not seem to last longer than a minute or two, and seems to lack cushion and protection.

I really want this soap to work, but either this soap's quality or my miserable lathering skills prevent a good performance.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)