What's new

Weleda Shave Cream

I had to try this shaving soap.
It comes from the city I was born.

So this morning I wake-up and I did a comparison applying the four pass shaving method.
I started - first pass- with this and then I tried the Proraso while for the third and the fourth one I used the Weleda one.

So I'd choose
  1. Weleda
  2. Valobra
  3. Proraso

Weleda is the best for the scent, without any doubt. May be is worse for the lather - I'd report after more in deep trials - even if I saw it depends how you can work it.
Valobra, in terms of lather richness is the best. Its scent, however, remind me the white glue I used at the elementary school ( perhaps my first brush! :biggrin1: ).
However, between this kind of products, Proraso cannot stand out. Even if it is abosultely a reliable product
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
not bad not that great
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a fine shaving cream. Nothing spectacular, but decent stuff. I especially love its scent. Its lather making abilities are good, though it takes a little bit more cream to create a rich lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
i bought it to try something natural and got great result. The only thing is that it might be difficult to make lather so you need more product than with some other creams. Scent is special but i am found of it and overall it has every thing a good product should and is natural.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked up a tube of this at Whole Foods a few weeks ago. I opened it up when I got home and found the scent to be vaguely familiar. Sure enough, it smells identical to AOS Lavender (IMHO)...it is similar in consistency and color too. I made my son smell both with his eyes closed and he could not tell the difference. Overall, I think it is a good cream. I paid $9.00 for mine so it is kind of pricey for the amount you get.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just picked up a tube on a recent trip to Europe. It is not as expensive as many people think it is (4.50 Euros). Importing it into the US makes it so expensive, but that is hardly the product's fault.

Also, I have no problems with creating lather. In my hands, it does create a denser lather than most other creams, but that is not a drawback. I don't need to use more of it to get four passes. I also find it moisturizes reasonably well, but I rarely pay much attention to that, as I get the moisturizing from my after shave routine.

I personally like the scent very much.

Overall, I find it a very decent cream, definitely worthy of being included in my rotation.

Best - MM
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
It's really about getting enough water into the mix, and adding moisture as you go along. - I really like this stuff, mostly because nothing else causes as little irritation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Just received a sample from the bio shop across the street (sample costed me 1 Eur for 10 ml :thumbdown )
Well, i must say that is not their best product compare to ASB, shampoo, toothpaste (I like their salty toothpaste) The only good things are : the price (4 Eur a tube) and the tube (really old school kind)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Have to shop around top get a decent price, but it can be done.
Does not work well with shave oils (Soap and oil thing)
Lather is compact and tight and lasts long enough.
What scent?
Excellent for chemical sensitive faces.
the 2.5 oz tube has lasted me for 2 months.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Okay, people have talked about this cream, I just thought I'd throw out an official review.

Two things drew me to this product in the first place. One, I could pick it up locally and inexpensively. Secondly, it's a natural product that that does not contain EDTA and other chemicals/preservatives that I really don’t want to absorb through my face.

Having said that, obvious drawbacks that those who have used it seem to be about latherability. It's true, you need to use more. Not a lot more, but more. As a bonus, if you screw up the water ratio, just add more cream or more water and it fixes itself. And, for the price, less than $9 Canadian, who cares if you have to use more.

Another negative, for me anyway, was that it really didn't moisturize all that well. I use Witch Hazel and a couple of nice balms after I shave, so it's not critical, but it's nice when the cream does some of that work as you shave.

My only other complaint is that it's simply not as slick as other inexpensive creams, like Proraso or Musgo Real. It's slick enough, just not the slickest, so you have to watch for the occasional skipping.

Other than that, the scent is a non-descript soapy scent, nice and clean, just not special. Packaging I gave an 8 because it comes in a good quality tube and I really prefer tubes to tubs, just a personal preference. Still, it would be a tacky gift when I look at the C & E tubes and other high-end crèmes.

Still, if you get your shave cream confiscated on a flight, and all you can get in your hotel is Weleda, don't hesitate, it will get the job done without question. In fact, it's a nice, cheap, and natural option for you shavers looking for something different.

You can discuss this review HERE.

Peace,

Pierre
Top Bottom