What's new

Weleda after shave lotion

Just picked this stuff up a couple of days ago. Got it on sale at a whole foods store, so good price on it.

It actually packs a very good alcohol wallop; more so that Aqua Velva or Old Spice, IMO. It also has rather the reverse of a "coling sensation", producing more of a warming effect to me.

Scent is a bit odd. Heavy punch of myrrh with a citrusy overlay.

Moisturizing: not as good as a true balm would be, but ahead of most alcohol-based aftershaves except Musgo and possibly Aqua Velva.

The good bits:

This stuff kills razor burn dead. D-E-D, dead. Leaves your skin nice and smooth and not greasy at all. All around, this stuff works better than Aqua Velva or my "doctored" Old Spice (glycerin added at your own risk). It even gives Musgo Real a run for its money - and considering the lower price of the Weleda, well...

Final verdict: I can do better for my face post-shave than this product, but it requires using a combination of products (like, say, Aqua Velva followed by Mama Bear's or QED's ASB) - but for a one-shot product this stuff is a fantastic buy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
A very good after shave. Very different from the balm version. As soon as you rub it on your face, it calms immediately razor burns. The scent is ok but nothing special. A good conbination with Weleda ASB and usefull when you shave with a Feather blade!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)