What's new

WARS shaving cream. Imported from Poland

Pros: Price,quality of shaving with.
Cons: None
For the price you can not beat it. I'm a Polish living in Canada and I pay for it .......$1. The sent is amazing, really strong cologne type of. Lather is thick and slickly. It lathers extremely easy. Small amount of the cream goes long way. Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smells great, Lathers easy.
Cons: Not that slick
Great shave cream, just not slick enough for me and left me with a bunch of missed spots. YMMV
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I tried that cream not long ago, got it from Poland and paid about 2 dollars for the tube.
First for the packaging, it looks good , nothing special but the tube looks good.
For the scent well, it reminds me a bit of the slovak Barbus soap, but a bit better.
The cream lather like crazy , only a little dot in your shave bowl and your set for a 3 pass shave.
And the cream is quite moisturizing , so you can't ask for more from that 2 dollars tube.
I highly recommend it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I have to say this is the very first shaving creme I tried from a co-worker and it attributed to me becoming hooked on wetshaving. I remember I could smell the scent almost all day and my face felt amazingly smooth. The quality of this stuff is excellent and for a next to nothing price. Laterabilty with this creme is a 10, basically a few swirls and it's good. Perfect for newb's like me. I think it moisturizes as good as my TOBS Avacado and saying a lot. I typically wont put any A/S on after using so I can still get the scent from the creme. The scent is a love it or hate it kind of scent. It has been described as smelling like incense or a head shop. I think it smells very clean and my wife likes it. WestCoast has this stuff for really cheap (few bucks). The only thing I dinged this creme on was the packaging. It's shipped from Poland without a box, just the metal tube. The tube I ordered was all dented and bent when I received it. No leakage or anything so not too big of a deal. This is one of my favorite cremes although I don't use as much as my Musgo or Speick. I tend to like using a creme/soap and the matching A/S splash. I wish Wars had a A/S or a EDT to go with it. All and all, great stuff and I will be ordering more of it from WCSing! Highly recommend.:thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Just received this cream and let me tell ya, for 3 or 4 bucks it is well worth it. Some have mentioned that they dislike the smell, but for me it's a nice smell. I can't put my finger on it, but it smells really familiar. Lathers, protects, shaves like a champ. Well worth the money.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I'm not going to do a massive review of WARS. The ratings pretty much speak for themselves. WARS is a good cream and I'll use it from time to time. It's no T&H or GFT but for the money it performs well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff does its job admirably and for a price that's hard to beat. Is it the best cream ever produced? Hardly, but it does everything pretty well and costs the same as a hot dog. :biggrin: I can't say I love the scent really (smells like L'Occitane orange cologne which I don't like) but it isn't offensive. The packaging is pretty cheap (the lid is super-thin crappy plastic) but hey, we're talking three bucks here. Would I recommend it if it were ten bucks? Probably not, but for three it's the deal of the century. Try it out!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
A nice inexpensive cream. The scent has some citrus and linden notes. A clean and fresh scent. The lather that is generated is thick and protective. Not drying, but not overly moisturizing either.

For ~$3 it is worth a try to see if you like it.
I liked this cream. It lathers well into a cushy thick lather. The razor glides effortlessly. It costs hardly anything, 3 bucks from letterk. The tube is metal and like most experience it looks like it went a few rounds in the ring. The smell... Are we sure this cream isn't from Amsterdam. I'm thinking a head shop with the owner feverishly squeezing lemons. I'm OK with it though, just took a few times.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I tried but I cannot like this smell. I can't place it, but it's reminiscent of pachouli oil that has been applied over heavy, sweaty body oder . . . yuck.

Maybe I got a bad batch as referenced in previous reviews.

Packaging was awful. Leaked before it arrived and covered the rest of my order.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I got this in a PIF from ScottyD, so for me the price is off the chart :tongue_sm. Anyway, the scent did throw me off a little at first (because I didn't know what to expect) but it grew on me throughout the shave. It lathered up quickly, and provided a dense, moisture-laden, protective lather. Even if I didn't like the scent, for its function it just plain works. I would definitely recommend Wars and hope to have many more enjoyable shaves with it.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Generally, I think this is a good cream, but the scent seems to be a problem. The first tube I tried, it was great, and the scent was good. It has this genuine, barbershop smell to it... it's really good. But the problem seems to be that it's inconsistent among tubes. I finished one tube and it lasted a good while, then I used my second tube (I bought 4) and the smell was awful. The cream basically stinks. It's not unusable, but it stinks. I checked and smelled the other tubes and it seems this second tube I tried has the worst smell. It's fortunate the remaining tubes don't smell so bad. I'm trying to figure out why the second tube smells so bad. Did it 'go bad' or expire like another user asked? The way I stored my tubes was the same for all of them, so I don't think so. I think it's interesting when you look at the ratings here. The scent is generally favored, but it seems to be love-hate. It's either rated very high or very low. Could it be that the way these tubes are made, the smell is simply inconsistent among tubes? Here's how all my tubes smell:

First one (used completely): Smelled great! I'd rate this one 9/10
Second tube (the one with the problematic smell): Yikes! 1/10
The two remaining tubes: Smell about the same. I'd rate these 7/10 (potentially tentative rating)

Not sure what happened with that second tube. It may be that something went wrong in the factory where these things are made. (Not sure how shaving cream is made and packaged, by the way. :tongue_sm) Since I have had a good experience with the first tube, I will use the two remaining tubes and I might update you to see what happens to the smell. (I'd like to note that the first tube had a consistent smell all the way through.)

Would I recommend this shaving cream? Despite the scent problem I ran into, I'd still recommend it, but only if you can get it for cheap. If you could, open the tube and check the smell. :lol:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Got this from Poland and tried it last night. Great lather and great shave but I just can't get on with the scent. Don't think I will use it again purely due to the scent.... shame. I bought 3 tubes as well! :rolleyes:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I picked up some Wars just recently to try, and not only does it not smell like lemon or citrus, it just plain stinks. Can these things go bad?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Anywhere you can source this in the US?
Got a tube of this through the b/s/t here from Less Irritated, it compares rather well with the Bigelow/Proraso green that I have been using as far as the amount of lather from an almond sized dab in the lather bowl. This cream lathers like crazy, I could easily get enough for 4 or 5 passes out of the amount I have been using.I really like the lemony-citrus scent although it could be more strongly scented for me personally. The slickness of it on the face seems very good, I can barely feel the blade cutting my beard when I use this with a new blade my only feedback is from the sound of whiskers being cut. My low score on the packaging is only due to the small size of the tube at 65 grams it is less than half the size of my Proraso tube that weighs in at 147 grams.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
you paid about 15 dollars us. I bought some 2 months ago. good deal
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just ordered 4 tubes from ebay, but I have no idea how much I paid for it in U.S.dollars or shipping charges. Do you know and how long did it take after order was placed?
Thanks -patrick
leave it to me to be the spoiler...

i found that this cream lives up to every accolade, except for two; it dries my skin out fiercely and its lather (efficacy) doesn't adhere to my beard as well as most other creams and soaps.

i would say if you do not have dry or sensitive skin, give it a go. otherwise, cavaet emptor.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)