What's new

WARO Feineseifen Sandelholz (Sandalwood)

Actually it's neither very woodsy nor sandal-y smelling either.
The fact that this particular puck was produced two years ago almost to the day (see 2nd attached pic) and the wrapping is some sort of breathing, paper-cloth-hybrid material, makes it safe to say that whatever scent this soap had has dissipated into the air a long time ago while in storage.
The only smell is very neutral, soapy and that's it.
proxy.php
proxy.php

I had my Omega pure badger soak a good couple of minutes in a cup with not-quite-boiling water and poured like a tablespoon on the soap and went to shower.
Lathering up was a bit of a pain although I guess since it's a pretty dried up puck I should've given it some extra water and a few more swirls.
I didn't quite get the meringue consistency we all crave. The foam bubbles stayed too big and the lather seemed to dry up pretty quickly so I just made sure I really piled it on my face.

[UPDATE July 9th] I've lathered up a couple more times since I first wrote this and I've come to the conclusion that this soap is now firmly above-average in the "smooth and bouncy" department. Like slathering on some liquid cloud on my face. Once I got the knack how much water and twirls it needed I now can consistently whip up a shaving dream. Might've also had something to do with being re-hydrated in a closed container since 2 years of dry open storage. Scent still zilch though. :rolleyes: Score updated accordingly.

The shave itself though, was great.
I used an HD with a thrice-used Wilkinson blade and after three passes I had a super nice BBS shave. Splashed some cold water, towel dried.
No need for anything else. My cheeks and neck feel soft and smooth as can be and I feel refreshed. No burn whatsoever.

Like Bruce Dickinson would say: "Tallow be thy name!" :biggrin:

Another thing I noticed was the weight was less than the advertised 80 to 90 grams.
I bought 2 pucks of WARO and both weigh in at 67 grams (both made within three days of eachother), although i'm pretty sure that's just evaporated water/moisture so it doesn't really matter.
I wonder whether the 10 grams of variation is the implied evaporation or just because it's a handmade product?

If you order this soap, ask the seller to make sure it still smells like something.
Price paid was €4,80 without S&H.

The 3rd attached pic is of the current packaging of the same soap. Just took this one from their website. Notice the label is now different.

proxy.php

Ingredients for those who read neither German nor Latin (neither do I!):
Coconut fat, tallow, olive oil, stearic acid, almond oil, avocado oil, castor oil, aloe vera, pure natural West Indian sandalwood EO

[EDIT]
Re-uploaded the images to another place because I can't seem to make the attachments appear.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality