What's new

Walmart DE Blades

Pros: They're great for the first two shaves
Cons: After that they deteriorate quickly.
These are good for two smooth shaves and an iffy third.
The packaging is great as used blades can be easily stored safely.

I wont be buying these again.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Good for only 2-3 shaves
Love the packaging for trips but not the short life span !
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: good price, extremely smooth shave
Cons: rusts somewhat easily
Walmart recently started carrying German made Wilkinson Sword blades, which is a big improvement over what they had before. i bought a pack thinking "i'll probably be the same thing as the old, only in a fancier box." WRONG. DEAD WRONG. these wonderful blades have no pull to them whatsoever, and give me a super-smooth shave even in my Weishi razor. the best thing about these are that i can buy them locally, but be sure to take them out of your razor after your shave or they'll rust up.

would i recommend this to someone else? HELL YES! the shave is good, the price is right, and they're widely available without ordering off the internet. what else could you ask for?
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
These are working great for me. After the usual roughness on the first shave or two, they smooth out to give very close, comfortable shaves. I use them in my Neillite 400 and Merkur 37G Slant and don't even feel them. ATG passes in my Slant are easy and pleasant. The packaging is perfect for my TTO razors, average for my 2 and 3 piece razors. The used blade storage is a nice feature, too. If you're careful, you can refill them with paper packed blades, after removing the paper, of course.
BBS is BBS, regardless of the brand of blade, as long as irritation isn't an issue.
And it's not an issue with these blades. I was not a Personna fan when I first started DE shaving, but after having such good luck with ASR made SE/Injector blades and Atra carts, I decided to give these another try/fair shake(shave?).
They are now one of my favorite blades, and buying them helps out the only American mfr of razor blades that I know of. Helping USA mfrs is good for America. The fact that they're such good blades is a bonus.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I just started with my gillette safety razor (ebay goodness!! $10.00)
And it is the best shave of my life ! I always used bic disposables when I was a teen(I'm 40) and cut myself fairly often at first, then I bought my first double blades a Sensor when they first came out in Canada. Thought it an excellent razor. Then today my safety razor shows up and I have never had such a good shave!! No nicks at all!It also has a unique sound when shaving with it, like it is eating up my stubble . I bought the blades from The Great Canadian Superstore for $2.97 (5) and they're excellent blades. I ordered some feathers and gillettes , lord DE razors blades on ebay, Cannot wait! P.S. I think I am allergic to my shaving brush as everytime I get ingrown , or pimples on my skin when I use it.(brush)Although not a badger but a boar brush from wilkonson, England.
I bought these as my second razors my first were feathers. I liked these they were not nearly as harsh as the feathers and were pretty smooth.
These are the USA Personna's (I hope this is the right products review) that you can find at Wal-Mart for less than $2. These have given me the best shave yet, despite being so cheap. They worked better with my soap than they did with my cream, but in either scenario, I had a shave with no irritation, and no razor burn. The only problem I had with this blade is that, out of the three I used, they only lasted 2 shaves a piece.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I gave my Walmart blades to my barber to be used on other people. Shave was good but I had alot of face irritation.
I hate to say it, but I really like these blades. My local wal-mart has a ten pack for 1.50. I find them to be sharp and smooth. Not as sharp as feathers, but I like that. They last for about 2 shaves for me, but who cares when they cost so little. I find them slightly better than the Personna israeli red packs. The israeli red packs were my go to blade prior to the wal-mart personna's. I would recommend everyone to try these blades is you like the Israeli Personna red packs.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I disagree with the above negative posts. My favorite blades are feathers mounted in my Vision. But I use Derbys as back up. I bought these Walgreen blades on a trip, and found them slightly sharper and much longer lasting than my Derbys. I rate them only second to my Feathers in terms of sharpness and overall desirability.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
If you have reached the point of getting to B&B you know that better alternatives are available. The best part of the Walmart and similar blades in a hard case is storage during travel (hard plastic and metal). Most members would agree that the Derby's are a far superior blade but often complain about the packaging. This packaging complaint usually involves used blade storage, not durability of the original package for the new blades. Derby's come in a solid plasic case and are available in limited, or unlimited, numbers on westcoastshaving.com and e-bay. Why fight the urge, you deserve the best, get all the available blades and in bulk. Your great, great grandkids will thank you.
Two things really stand out for me with these blades. First is the price I think I paid $1.35 for a pack of 10. That's great and I didn't have to commit to a 100 of the things. Next the packaging, these have far and away the best container of any blade I have purchase. I love these things for traveling.

The shave a got with them was pretty good. I would call these a step below the Israeli Personnas in the white and blue wrappers.

Now I'm not sure this would happen to anyone here but if you ever run out of blades at home or on the road these are a perfect fill in. I will occasionally work them in to my rotation at home as well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
D
Tried to love these blades, but they are simply dull and give a poor shave. I found even after 3 passes I wasn't even where other blades would be after 2 passes. The shaves have never been smooth either, with the razor dragging across the fact.

They do have a few pluses though. The availability and price are excellent (all Wal*Marts carry them, and they are always priced under $1.50, typically $1.47 for a 10 pack). The dispenser they come in is awesome. Very cool, Gillette-like dispenser with a used blade bank on the bottom, made of metal and plastic. These would be the ultimate travel blade if they were just a little smoother and sharper. Oh well.

Definitely pick some up to try, as some members report good results. If I could get good comfortable shaves from these, I'd take the whole shelf of them home.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I found these blades very good. I purchased them in an ASDA in the UK I think there the same here. The price was good because my local store listed them @ £1.99 for 10 on the shelf, but went throught @ 99p at the till. I found them as sharp as a tesco blade but much smoother & last a good while to. Although my favourite blade at the moment is Silver Blue I would be happy to return to these blades as they are good value.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
For me, these blades are good in a pinch, i.e., if nothing else was available, I would not have a problem using them, but there are so many others available online for about the same price. One thing I found...they are consistent. From shave one through shave 5...I don't see much of a change.

Randy
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I keep trying the Walmart blades because it would be so convenient if I liked them. They are very cheap, easy to obtain, and come in an efficient and attractive package. But, alas, they just don't give me even a half decent shave. Partly because I have curly hair (bordering on kinky) with a complicated growth pattern, I have two sensitive spots: my neck is prone to irritation, and the space between my lower lip and chin is hard to get smooth. With a really good blade (Derby, Israeli, Swede) I shave my neck with very little pressure and avoid irritation completely. A good blade is also capable of delivering a BBS, even on the difficult chin patch. The Walmarts don't accomplish either. Unless I press just a little too hard, I don't get a good shave on my neck. I can either be free of irritation but stubbly or stubble-free with irritation. In addition, the amount of pressure and/or number of passes required to get the chin patch stubble free is simply unacceptable to me. So I have never (and, I think, can never) get anything close to BBS with a Walmart. Occasionally, I shave to the point of irritation, but usually I end up having too much residual stubble.
The Walmarts also feel lighter and flimsier than good blades. I find the shaves get notably worse with each day, and I have never pushed one beyond three shaves.
As I said, the packaging of the Walmarts is nice, especially for travel. But I find this packaging cumbersome if one buys in bulk. I seem to be one of the few people who actually likes the small box the Israelis come in, which is the most space-saving way to pack 100 blades.
I really tried to like these blades, but I give up. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

Michael
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave