What's new

Vulfix VS/1 Boar Brush

I have this brush as well as another pure badger brush from Vulfix. The Boar was my first and as far as I can tell it was great to use with soaps, its cuts into them and creates a pretty good lather for my taste. I do prefer the badger now that I have one, but the Vulfix Boar is a great starting place for someone who might not want to put the extra buck into a more expensive brush. I will concur with brian1g that there seem to be some loss in hair, but it does not seem to affect the water retention and lathering capabilities as far as I have seen.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Good review, i agree with pretty much everything leche posted with 1 exception.

My brush sheds a lot more than leche's. I have owned the brush for about a month and id say ive lost 20-30 hairs so far with no sign of slowing down. Im averaging 3-4 hairs shedding per shave.

Other than that i am loving this brush, pretty much exactly what i was looking for except the excessive hair shedding. I plan on using this brush for a face lather/travel brush and picking up an omega pro boar for daily use.
View attachment 72232
This Vulfix Boar is one great brush. A good but smaller size, it is 20mm knot set at 45mm per Classic Shaving, it picks up soap quickly and produces a great lather.

PRICE: 8 bucks at Classic Shaving for a classy looking brush.

QUALITY: Has a beautiful turned handle with natural boar bristle that are not sketched. It does shed the occasional hair once in a great while which is my only gripe.

DENSITY: Not the densest nor the loosest pack. About middle of the road.

STIFFNESS OF TIPS: This boar has a lot of backbone. Even with good pressure on the face there is minimal splaying of the hairs. Picks up the hardest soaps easily with no pre softening of the surface.

SOFTNESS OF TIPS: My brush is fully broken in and the tips have split well. Its about as soft as my C&E BBB but scrubs better.

ERGONOMIC: What a great handle. It is very comfortable to hold and transverses the face easily. Vulfix makes wonderful handles.

LATHERABILITY: I've never tried this with a cream as I hardly use them so I will only comment on soaps. This brush makes very good lather and holds quite a bit. It doesn't matter what I'm using, tallow, glycerin, vegetable, melt and pour, triple milled, etc this boar rocks. I face lather and rarely return to the puck for more soap.
Loaded with MWF
View attachment 72230
After a Pass
View attachment 72231
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)