What's new

Vulfix Sicilian Lime

In the 30yrs that I have shaved, I have only used shaving soaps. Thanks to the internet, I have graduated to the high end triple mills. This Vulfix Sicilian Lime shaving cream was my first shaving cream purchase and I love it. Why did I chose this scent over others, It was the southern Italian in me. My first impression with this cream is the explosive and quick lathering that I got from my 26mm knot Vulfix brush, and the fine lime pleasurable scent. A perfect scent for the sunny hot summer day. Shaving is close and comfortable, and I notice excellent moisturizing properties. For the past year and a half, I had bought no other creams therefore I could not make any comparisons. That is until recently. Now I have tried other top end shaving creams and I am qualified to say it is comparable to the best of them. Generally speaking, to me, I find all high quality and establish shaving soaps and creams brand that have been around for at least a time proven fifty years, is to be a safe bet that those products will be very satisfying to all, except the most discriminating. To me, at top level, the deciding factor is personal taste.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Hello, I saw your reference to Vulfix Musk shaving cream and wondered if you had every had a chance to comment on it. Any comments would be welcome.
This stuff is INCREDIBLE!! I love using it!! :thumbup:
I stopped using this after only a few shaves, I simply couldn't stand the artificial scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I hate to be the bad guy on this one but I really wasnt impressed. I think i may have got a bad batch of this stuff. The smell was very....medicinal or kind of plasticy? I could smell the limes but no where as natural as say trueffitt or even mama bears glycerin soap. Efficacy was in my mind sub par to other...say TOBS, proraso, or truefitt. With a brand new feather I skilled hacked my face to hell. And yes I do know how to prep, shave, etc. I said, maybe I got a bad batch b/c others seemed to enjoy. I will probably be trading this barely used monster tub very soon. Its not bad but then again it not the best by far.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
First, this is also my first lime-scented cream, and the only Vulfix cream I've ever tried... So I cannot compare with other lime-scented creams or Vulfix ones.

Price: I mean, come on! 8.47 pounds (excl. VAT) for a 225 ml pot... this is the argument against expensive cream.

Quality: The quality of this cream is beyond question and, for that price, a real good bargain (and you don't even need to pay attention that nobody outbids you).

Scent: I like the Sicilian Lime scent... it's very refreshing.

Latherability: just wonderful!

Efficacy: good shaves; maybe not the smoothest but one of the best.

Moisturizing: hand in hand with the effectiveness. You won't regret buying this cream.

Packaging: the pot is sooooooo big! Looks a little cheap, but I like the logo :tongue:.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I love lime shaving creams. I owned and alternated between Taylor's Lemon and Lime, and Trumper's Limes. So, I was pretty excited to order this from Classic Shaving, and used it the next morning. And, frankly, I was sort of underwhelmed by this. Classic Shaving says that this is the thickest formula of any shaving cream that they offer, and I have to agree. What hit me immediately was the fragrance; yes, it's citrusy, but to me, nowhere near as delightful as the aroma of either of the creams I mentioned above. The citrus fragrance is muted by a soapy smell that I've struggled to describe. For pure fragrance, Trumper's Limes reigns supreme to me, with Taylor's a close second. What disappointed me with Vulfix Sicilian wasn't the lather - it whips up beautifully. Nor, frankly, was it the aroma, even if that put me off. Every time I've used this, I have hacked my poor throat in numerous places...which never happens to me with the other two creams listed above. So, I was generous, and gave it an 8 for efficacy. I also agree that the packaging is pretty cheap-looking. I love Vulfix's brushes, but this was fairly disappointing.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is the first lime-scented cream I've owned, and the first Vulfix cream I've tried, so I can't compare to others. It has a more watery consistency than the other creams I've used, but this doesn't seem to affect its latherability, general performance or the quantity of cream required.

Price: At $15.99 for 180 gm, it's almost exactly the same cost per ounce as the Taylor creams ($13.49 for 150 gm)

Quality: Ingredients similar to Taylor, with lime oil high on the list.

Scent: This is my favorite cream as far as scent goes; I sometimes open the lid to sniff in the middle of the day. The lime is strong with old-timey barbershop notes beneath. I'd say the scent is pretty intense during the shave but does not linger long afterwards.

Latherability: very good.

Efficacy: have gotten consistently good shaves; lather is nice and slick.

Moisturizing: a little drying for me (perhaps due to the lime oil), but nothing a post-shave balm can't handle.

Packaging: my only qualm with this product is that the plastic is thin and smooth, with no nubs on the lid (like on the Taylor cream tubs) which help open and close the tub with wet hands.

Overall I'm happy with this purchase.
:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This product is splendid!

Price: I gave this product an 8 since its not very expensive however its not cheap like a puck of Williams Mug Soap either, however the 15.99$ I spend for this item from classic shaving was more than worth it!

Quality: Much like their brushes this product carries the same attention to detail therefore the 10 is well deserved however I wish I could give this product a 20 on 10 for this category.

Scent: I got the Sicilian Lime variety and let me tell you the scent is invigorating, it is however unlike any other lime scent.

Latherability: INCREDIBLE nothing short of a 10!

Efficacy: again a perfect 10.

Moisturizing Properties: This product really took well on my sensitive skin, good slickness that I found simply allowed the blade to just glide across my skin.

Packaging: The tub it comes in is HUGE! I like the twist off top that allows for easy manipulation.

Stay tuned for my next post in regards to the Persian Musk.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)