What's new

Vulfix Persian Musk Shaving Cream

I picked this up in a recent purchase when I had only really used creams. Now I'm more trying different soaps. Well I gave this a whirl this morning and was very surprised. The scent wasn't the greatest smell in the world but I did get the muskiness of it and enjoyed the scent.

Wow, did this lather up. I started with too little cream and nothing really happened (face lathering) then I added a bit more and all of a sudden I was swimming in lather. It was thick and creamy and amazing. I had a great shave with no irritation and my skin actually felt a little more moisturised than it normally does.

The only thing I like about the packaging is that it closes tightly. I'm actually considering taking this with me for a week vacation based on that and the great lather. I don't really feel like bringing a lathering bowl on top of all the other shave stuff I'm bringing.

All in all I would buy this cream again. Vulfix anyway, maybe I'd try a different scent if it works as well as this one does.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a great cream marred by a synthetic, mediocre scent.

Price/Quality/Packaging: Not a bargain cream by any means, but not overpriced. The cream itself is obviously of very high quality, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired - a very plain white plastic tub with ordinary paper labels on it - they don't even have a laminate coating, so I imagine if you get it wet the labels won't last. Mine came with a tape seal around join between lid and container. This was a nice idea, but it ripped most of the label off when I removed it. So it's not a work of art.

lather/Performance/moisturizing: Great. A slicker, wetter, denser lather than Taylor's or Salters, for instance, but a great performer nonetheless. Moisturization was OK, not superb. A dollop made enough lather for five or so passes, and it didn't take too much water.

Scent: Here's where the cream falls down. I didn't get a hint of musk or spice or anything else that I would associate with "Persian Musk." I would perhaps call it "Grandma" or "scented drawer-liner." Sort of a generic perfume smell. Not really unpleasant, but not musky and not something I would look for in a shaving cream. It's a shame, because the cream works really well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)