What's new

Vulfix - Nickel Plated Travel Brush

This is a sexy travel brush set.

It doesnt hold as much lather as a large brush because it isnt a large brush. The bristles are nice though, very densely packed and they work up a good lather. I try and work up extra lather in the bowl and than i give it a few more swirls after the first couple passes to get it all lathery again, so i can get a solid 4 or 5 total. This brush feels even softer on my face than my rooney silvertip.

The handle is small and can get slippery if theres lather on it, but I havent had a problem dropping it.

This brush gets annoying after a while when used on a regular basis, but for a vacation I think its great. Its nice being able to throw it in the bag and not have to worry about the bristles getting worked.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Why such a high rating if not a recommended brush? :detective:
proxy.php

(photo is next to a Vulfix $41)
Size: 20mm knot, 45mm bristle loft, 37mm handle height, 82mm overall height

Price: At $60, this is not a cheap brush. I could have received a better deal if I'd purchased the 2233 or 2234 brush and a travel tube. A lot of what you are paying for, however, is the nickel plated handle and travel tube, which are incredibly beautiful.

Density: This brush is packed more densely than some of the other Vulfix brushes. I was not at all displeased with the fullness of the knot.

Stiffness/Softness: Probably due to the low bristle loft, these bristles are fairly stiff and yet still very soft. I find them to be very effective at lathering soap and very soft on the face.

Ergonomics: The nickel handle, which is beautiful, is absolutely terrible. It is too small for my hand, way too heavy for the bristle length, and extremely slippery. I found this brush to be very awkward in the hand when I could actually keep it there. The first time I used it, I had to retrieve it from the floor on 4 different occasions. It is also difficult to master a good swirling technique because it is so bottom heavy.

Latherability: I found it difficult to produce enough lather for an entire shave. There just doesn't seem to be enough bristle mass to hold the necessary lather and if you use too much cream (which is easy to do), the bristles don't hold enough water to properly mix it.

Overall Quality: The overall quality/usability of this brush is unacceptable. It is truly a great brush for display purposes and a poor brush for shaving.

I do not recommend this brush. There are far better alternatives available for the money. Don't let this brush's dazzling looks fool you.
Top Bottom