What's new

Vulfix 660 Medium in Super Badger

Pros: fits in hand well and lathering quality
First off nothing rates a 10.
If you rate it a 10 for price you got it free.
Use this brush every 2nd day, my 2nd favorite brush.
Before 1st use I conditioned/defunked it, using ambrose technique from B&B.
Have used the brush with Arko soap, Bigelow cream and some old Mennon cream I had around.
Lathers well with both creams and soft soap.
Normal routine is 3 full passes and a 4th touch on my jawbone.
The 660 holds more than enough lather for a 4 pass shave if needed.
The Vulfix 660s medium was made for a job and it does it well.
Save some cash and buy this as you 1st or 2nd brush.
You will not be disappointed.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I bought mine from BullGoose.. It's the first new brush I ever had, and to this day is my go-to brush (after my beloved Weck fell apart).

My overall impression is: it's a Buick. Very good, not great; nice balance in performance. Luxurious, but not the most luxurious. It's on the soft side, but not the softest brush by any means. It has good body and does what you need it to very well on both soaps and creams. It beats up a wonderful lather. [bowl shaver]

Ergonomically it's fine. The shape is easy to hold, even slick with lather; the handle is a little light for my taste, but not excessively so. The bristles are better suited for slathering than for smushing (are those the trade terms?). It holds a tremendous amount of lather for its size, and easily whips up more even when the bowl looks empty.

The construction is mediocre. The handle looks and feels cheap, and a mold line is still very visible. No quarrel with the quality of the Super Badger bristles, though it's not packed as tightly as I'd like. It does bloom wonderfully. I have not had any shedding issues.

If the review sounds half-hearted, it isn't meant to. I think this is a superb brush -- for one's first brush. And for bristle choice, the Super Badger is probably the way to go, with a quality feel as good as my Caswell-Massey Silvertip. The price is right, and you will not be disappointed. But you won't be bowled over, either. You WILL have a better idea of what you want for your penultimate brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
After shaving with an ancient Burma Shave boar brush for quite a long time (which works, is comfortable, and still is a good brush - I'm keeping it for travel), I was on the hunt for a good badger brush for not a ton of money. I had purchased the C&E Best Badger and found I really didn't like the way it felt - it was quite prickly. After getting a number of good suggestions here, someone made the best suggestion - call Lee at Lees Razors.

Lee took a LOT of time with me over two phone calls. He sorted out what I wanted and expected, and how much I was willing to pay. I was in fact willing to pay twice what I ended up spending - and he knew that in advance!

So I awaited with baited breath the arrival of my new baby. It arrived yesterday and I used it this morning.

Other than the expected badger funk, this thing is pure brush heaven!

I bought it for both soaps and creams. I used cream this morning, but the bristles seem like they will be great for soaps. Well, I know that because I played with it last night with several soaps and with cranked out a lather with no effort at all.

There is NO scratchiness or prickliness. It's just the right size and it works beautifully. I don't know what else you can say about a brush! Thanks Lee!

The pic is obviously taken from Lees site.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)