What's new

Vulfix #41

Pros: Sensual Hot Thick Creamy Moppy Long Lofty Stroking
Oh, this is the best for placing a hot wet creamy mop all over your face. I really enjoy slopping this brush across my face. It holds so very much cream that you do in fact get at least four or five full beard latherings plus touch up! This brush along with cream, razor and blades make's for an experience instead of a chore. The only real negative is that it's mainly a creams brush as it's so soft and lofty it doesn't really bite into soaps very well unless they've already been softened up with hot water and allowed to soak. This brush is a top-quality brush at a lower level price. I've never lost a hair from the knot! Vulfix, thank you!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
This brush really has me second guessing the "denser is better" philosophy. The brush is a really good balance of density and softness. It opens up really nicely when face lathering. It is a huge brush, but it provides a really nice lathering experience. It is not as dense as my smaller shavemacs, but they can't compare with this brush's latherability (Gobs and Gobs of lather) and shear luxury. I don't know if this could be my everyday brush, but I find myself reaching for it very often. The #41 is awesome with creams and pretty darn good with soaps as well.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I have the Savile Row -241 which is nothing more than a rebranded Vulfix 41. While I certainly loved the price for this brush, I do find the brush to be somewhat unwieldly. Don't get me wrong, I love this brush, but as mentioned before, it's just a little to big for soaps...at least for me anyway. But if having lots of piping hot lather from creams is your thing, you can't find a better brush for your money.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
The Vulfix #41 is indeed a large brush. It has a 26mm bristle knot (though commonly advertised as a 30mm), handle height of 50mm, bristle height of 55mm, and total height of 105mm. Depending on your needs/requirements of a brush, this can be a fantastic tool.

PRICE: At $130, this brush is a real bargain.

QUALITY: The overall quality of this brush is very high. The only thing that prevented me from ranking it higher than an 8 is the fact that it continues to lose about a bristle a week.

DENSITY: If there is anything that I was mildly disappointed about with this brush, it is the bristle density. The knot is, by no means, sparsely populated, however, I was hoping for something a little more densely filled. The brush does have somewhat of a "mop-like" feeling to it, but this is not necessarily a bad thing.

SOFTNESS: The #41 is a soft tipped brush. If you desire stiff tips, do not buy this brush.

ERGONOMIC: This is a difficult area to rate as every gentleman has different preferences. I like the short, fat handle on this brush. I have average sized hands and it fits them perfectly. Someone with larger hands would probably prefer the longer handle of the Vulfix #40. It is a nearly identical brush with a 75mm handle height.

LATHERABILITY: This brush is a true HOG with creams. It has a tremendous water-holding capacity and will whip up veritable mountains of cream. I usually have enough for 5 passes on my face, touch and cut, and 2 passes on my head with some lather left over. If you are a lather miser, don't buy this brush. If you enjoy mounds of hot lather, this is a fantastic brush.

OVERALL POSITIVES: This brush is very affordable, high quality, and really does a nice job lathering up creams. In a matter of seconds, it will supply you with tons of great lather. Because of the brush's size, it is very easy to add bits of water without worry of lather washout.

As an added note; If you are interested in Method Shaving, this brush can work very well for you.

OVERALL NEGATIVES: This is not a great brush for hard soaps. The bristles are a little too soft to really pull the soap up from the cake and it will take you a considerable amount of time to get enough soap to counteract the massive amount of water held in the brush. I'm not saying it isn't possible to get a good lather from soaps, simply that there are other brushes that are better suited.

I personally love this brush. It is currently the only brush that I will use with my English creams.
Top Bottom