What's new

Vulfix 377 Review

I have found this brush to be absolutely excellent for creams and above average for soaps. Yes, it is kind of a mop when well-lathered, but I have had some excellent shaves with creams to be sure.

It holds a lot of water and lather explodes off the brush into my bowl. I would not recommend this brush if you are a mug latherer. I'm more partial to bowls, but as always YMMV. This brush is pretty large as diameter goes.

Not the best brush in the world, but it does the job for me. May shed slightly at first but eventually it stopped for me. If you're in the market for a middle of the road brush and you are partial to creams I highly recommend this brush if you can find a decent price ($75-100.)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
In April 2007, I bought two of these brushes; one for home, one for my frequent travels.

Vulfix have a reputation for being "floppy", but that didn't deter me; on the contrary, I find these brushes extremely comfortable and they lather well, no matter whether I use hard soap or creams.

Still after only four months, I had to retire and return both.
While Vulfix had an excellent reputation in the past, there seem to be some serious quality issues with Vulfix brushes nowadays and both my brushes loose in excess of 5 hairs (on a bad day in excess of 10) per shave.

By contrast, my old Jagger brushes perform still reasonably well after 8 years and I had expected a similar lifespan for the Vulfix brushes, which are kept upside down in a stand and are carefully looked after.

As I bought both brushes together, it could be argued that they both came from a bad batch, but similar comments on the Forum suggest a mode wideranging problem.

So in the end these brushes have tremendous potential, but unless current quality control issues are properly adressed by the manufacturer they are unsuitable.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
I've had this brush for ten years now, so I believe it deserves a review. This has been my primary brush, and it has served it's master well. Some would consider this a "floppy mop" as far as brushes are rated. I wouldn't argue with them over that. Others may also argue that this brush isn't ideal for soaps because it seems floppy. Well, after ten years of hard use, I can say that I've had no problems using this brush with soaps. I've tried both glycerine and tripple milled soaps with it and can whip up lusious lather in no time. I currently use it with mamma bear glycerine soap and have no problems with it.

As far as density of hair is concerned, it's not very dense. It however is very soft, easy to hold, and easy to generate lather. I would consider this a better quality of brush than most, due to the loft of the brush and it's softness. It has also lasted ten years of daily use without losing much hair as some of my other brushes have.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)