What's new

Vulfix 2235 super badger

Pros: Nice weight and balance, creates and releases a lot of lather, fantastic face feel
Cons: None that I can think of.
This brush feels great in the hand and soft & luxurious on the face. It whips up creams and softer soaps effortlessly and holds enough lather for three or more rich & creamy-smooth passes. I typically use a denser, firmer brush, so this caressing beauty is a welcome addition to my morning routine. It's now my go-to cream brush, or when I have time to treat myself to multiple passes. There's a lot of brush here for the price - great value and quality.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
The Vulfix 2235 is really the least expensive of the top luxury brushes, in my opinion. It is very well made; it has a solid quality feel, and it isn't a shedder. Sure, the bristles are soft and somewhat floppy, but there seems to be something of a stiffness fetish among brush users. [I think the psychologists call it projection. But I digress.] Soft, floppy quality brushes do have their place.

And it isn't THAT floppy. This brush gives a wonderful shaving experience with creams, and works fine with soaps if you pinch it around the knot's neck, or use an "O" ring to shorten up the loft. With either soap or cream, it holds endless amounts of lather. In fact, that's my biggest complaint: It holds so much lather that it encourages you to take longer shaving, which, well, takes longer. And by your sixth or seventh pass, the lather in the brush has gone cold.

The handle is excellent in terms of shape, size and weight. The 2235 is a fairly large brush; handled heedlessly, you'll end up with lather in your ears and up your nose. But you'll relish the experience.

I won't lie to you: I prefer my Commodore X3 and my Rooney 3/3. But the Vulfix 2235 can run with those dogs, and it is still in my rotation with them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I really like this brush. This is the first medium priced price I have ever bought. I was currently using a very inexpensive omega pure badger brush. It was stiff, so I wanted something that was soft and floppy. This is defietely a high quality floppy brush. The laterability is fantastic, and I love the way the soft bristles and floppiness feel on my face.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Vulfix Old Original is one of the most respected and well known shaving brush manufacturers in the world.
Their brushes, despite being very reasonably priced, are of the highest quality and for that the Company gained a first class reputation in the wet-shaving market.
The 2235 brush in Super badger hair is an example of excellence.
It is very soft, has superb water retention qualities and creates mounts of rich lather for a smooth shave.
Fantastic.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Price: I paid roughly $70 without S&H from classic shaving in January 2008. They list their badger offerings as Pure Badger, Best Badger and Super Badger corresponding to the different grade of the hairs. There are less expensive alternatives out there but this is a silvertip.

Quality: The quality of the build has proven to be well made. The handle is gorgeous and the loft is just about as high as the handle is tall. I have lost a hair here and there which I do not see as an issue as the total number of hairs lost over a year is probably 5-7 all occurring early on.

Density: This is tricky. This brush holds plenty of water due to its size but it is not what I would consider dense. My definition of dense would be the 2008 B&B LE. If all you are looking for is a dense knot then keep looking. The upshot is this baby is perfectly capable of loading enough triple milled soap for a seven pass shave, ask me I know. I learned a trick that is not unique; you pinch the hairs at the base of the knot right above the handle. This will stiffen the brush such that you maximize loading ability. For softer soaps say glycerin based the 2235 does a great job. For creams there is no issue here even Castle Forbes will load just fine.

Stiffness of tips: the tips are stiff enough to scrub but not stiff as to be scratchy.

Softness of tips: the tips are soft enough to be supple around more sensitive areas like under the nose. It’s a silvertip come on.

Ergonomic: This brush is easy to grasp and there is plenty of real estate to make use of, I have never come close to dropping it. The bottom is flared so you can easily switch between hands with positive feedback.

Latherability: Once properly loaded the 2235 will whip up a gorgeous lather. Depending on how you whip or swirl I can get lather to be soft and creamy or stiff and thick. The greatest variable of course is what soap/cream you use, and your water quality. This brush devours cream.

Conclusion: The Vulfix 2235 is a fine tool to have in your shave den. It is a quality brush with plenty of density for lathering up triple milled soap and blasts through creams. It is soft on the face and easy to grasp.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Mine has not departed at Sacremento, California for three days now:9898: They tell me its the fault of the snow storm and the Chrismas Rush confusion. :cursing:. I have unnecessary bought and I don't need more, but very upscale soap and creams for this occasion :out:. I guess I have to buy myself another Christmas present today.

:badger:Merry Chrismas and best wishes to all B&B members:shaving:.

rudy812
This is the brush I first bought when I started wetshaving. Initially, I was happy with it. Holds a decent amount of water, soft tips, lathers creams well. However, after continued use I'm seeing its shortcomings. Floppy. Very floppy. Forget about trying to use this with a soap. Has to do with lack of density. Also, it's been shedding a lot lately, and I haven't yet owned it two years.

If the B&B Essential isn't available by my birthday in July, I'll hope for a Rooney Heritage "Stubby" in small.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
This brush was my third (after an unmarked one and a Kent BK4). I wanted to try a bigger brush and, after trying it, I get stick to it...

Specs:
Handle height: 60mm
Overall brush height: 110mm
Knot diameter: 23mm

Price: You will pay £44.26 (excl. VAT) for this brush; this is not cheap but far from expensive either, and will not regret it (or at least I did not).

Quality: The brush is very well made, from the handle to the bristles. I was impressed by the quality of this brush, which didn't loss a single hair.

Density: The density isn't the strong feature of this brush. Even if the bristles are of a very good quality, it is not packed as tight as it could be. But the water retention is nonetheless excellent.

Stiffness/Softness: OK... I will not discuss this point. If you are buying a Vulfix, you know that you are heading for a SOFT brush; don't complain if you want a stiffer one... you have been warned :wink2:

Ergonomic: The handle, built in a faux ivory design, is beautifully made and very ergonomically friendly; I really like it. But be advised that it stands 60mm high... so if you have small hands it may be to big to be really comfortable.

Latherability: The Vulfix 2235 is - in my opinion - a wonderful cream brush... it is just a gorgeous brush: You don't need a lot of cream, just "wet" the bristles, a few swirls in a bowl and... TADA ! lather up to the wrist...

Conclusion: this is a very good brush, and you will not be disappointed by the money spent to buy it. If you are looking for stiff bristles brush, go away, this brush is not for you; if you are looking for a soft brush, you have already found it: a Vulfix 2235 super badger.

After a few swirls
attachment.php

That's it
attachment.php

After
attachment.php
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)