What's new

Voskhod Teflon Coated Razor Blades

Pros: Smooth and sharp
Cons: Takes over a month to get to Canada from Russia!
These are my favourite blades in my 1962 Gillette Slim. They are not ninja sharp but sharp enough for my salt and pepper beard, but where they shine for me is in smoothness! Longevity is 4 three pass shaves maximum for me before I have to pitch the blade in the bin. They don't do as well in my Edwin Jagger DE89L which I reserve for Feather blades exclusively (does mating blades to a specific razor make me an elitist?) I prefer Voskhod to any of the other blades made in the Mostochlehmash factory (Rapira blades) however all the blades from Moscow are streaks ahead of anything coming out of St Petersburg IMHO. Try a tuck of 5 and see how they work for you. I got mine off of that Bay site for $7US for 100 so I'm sitting with 1,000 blades... what a deal for such a great product!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: smooth sharp
Cons: none
My go to blade in my Gillette Slim Adjustable at any setting. I get 5 shaves. I keep a good supply on hand.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: sharp, comfortable
Cons: none yet
This is my first shave with a blade I received free with the purchase of a razor. Wow, I had never heard of these before the shipment arrived, but I love my first shave. Very close, no tugging, even the back of my head is smooth (and that's the real test). A plus comrades!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Teflon for smooth
Cons: no longevity
As I get back into DE shaving I'm finding that sharp is more important than smooth. These blades are smooth and forgiving, I'll give them that but not really that sharp. I'm only using them for 2 shaves now. They will work beyond that but I tend to push them to get a closer shave resulting in minor razor burn. Sharper blades require a lighter touch. A lighter touch means no irritation or razor burn. My go to blade now is 7 o'clock sharp edge (yellow) followed by Astra and any of the Personnas. These other blades hold their edge better and I get 5 to 7 smooth shaves from them. Rapira blades are going cheap right now because of the fall of the Ruble. So at ten cents a blade I really shouldn't complain. On packaging I like the plastic dispensers because of safety of disposal.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great blade for smooth shaves!!
Cons: None at all!
Took my Voskhod blades on a Scandinavian cruise in May. All blades gave superb shaves using my EJ DE8911 razor and Proraso Green. They are on my will definitely buy a 100-blade order, once the last of my Rapira blade samples are finished!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smoothness,price
Cons: Tends to corrode after a few days
VERY SMOOOOOOTH

If you want to control the shave depth without risking slicing your face then this is the blade.

Perfect for new shavers,adjustable ad aggressive razors.

Only draw backs are limited availability and rend to rust after several days if eft wet in razor.

Give it a try !
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, sharp and smooth.
Cons: Can't see any!
These are DE shaving's best kept secret! I've tried the other Rapira blades but these are the best. They can be easily bought online from many vendors. Because they come from Russia, the postage will cost you roughly the cost as the blades themselves. These are well up there with the best Gillette blades and a stock pile is recommended! The artwork is supercool too! Grab them while you can!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Quality, Sharpness and Smoothness! :-D
Cons: None Noted
I found this (my one & only 'go-to'), blade to be 'awesome', moderately sharp (almost as sharp as a KAI, but much smoother & cheaper), forgiving and perfect with no pulling or tugging, very, very smooth, (albeit a 'weeper' now & then..but zero 'nicks'), no irritation and/or razor burn that 99.9% of the time results in CCS's in 3 passes (WTG, CTG & ATG), with 2 great shaves per blade (I shave every-other day with Saturdays as my shaving 'day off'),...and are very compatible with both of my Merkur 23C & 38C razors.
Overall, with Sharpness, Quaility, Longevity, Smoothness and Packaging being looked at, I rate this blade a even nine (9), out of ten (10) points.
:straight: "A razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown
PS Did you know that Voskhod means 'sunrise' in Russian?
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)