What's new

Vitos Colonia Aftershave- Classica

Pros: Nice Classic Smell
Cons: No splash cap
I received this product a little while back with my last shipment from Italian Barber (Joe). I saw this on the website and couldn't pass it up. First of all price was great for the quantity and it only gets better if you buy the 1 L. bottle...yes that is not a typo, it comes in a 1 L. bottle. Second, being Italian, how could I pass something up called Vitos.

OK to the nuts and bolts. It comes in a nice old school looking glass bottle with a plastic cap which is a nice touch as so many manufacturers have gone plastic these days. The ingredients are pretty standard for an alcohol based after shave (Water, Alcohol Denat, Parfum, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Simethicone, C.I. 19140, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycinronellal, Citral, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-iso-methylionone, Geraniol, Citronellol). It has a nice classic smell, the product description describes the smell as being fresh mint with a hint of citrus. I personally get more citrus than mint out of it, but I do enjoy the classic smell. The product feels nice going on, it does not quite have the cooling effects of a mentolated product such as Proraso, but it does feel nice and cool on the skin going on. Does it burn? Well that depends on how well you shaved, as with any alcohol based AS, if you had a bad shave it will let you know. In terms of doing what it is supposed to do, it fights razor burn as well as my beloved Proraso. In terms of moisturizing, it's middle of the road. I do not find that it moisturizes particularly well, but at the same time I don't find that it dries my skin out with; I would assume that the hydrogenated castor oil helps out a bit with that.

One negative on this product is that the bottle does not have a splash cap and the product comes out pretty fast. There are, however, atomizers available for this product if desired, but I just ended up decanting some product into an empty Proraso bottle.

All in all I find this to be a great especially for the price and look forward to trying a few other of there aftershaves. Will it replace my Proraso...NO, but I'm proud to have this one by it's side.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)