What's new

Vitalis Hair Tonic

Pros: slick shine and cheap
Cons: drys out quick
alcohol base drys out very quick, you need to keep reapplying though out the day. strong smell from the alcohol.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Great for curly hair. tames and controls, but doesn't overpower. (no cement head). makes hair healthy, shiny, managable with less downside than any hair products that I've tried.
Cons: none for me, but then I neither desire nor need a heavy hold product.
For me, Vitalis is pretty much the holy grail of hair care. It makes my hair managable, shiny(though not to the point of a glossy finish like some products), and controls the frizz that my curly hair is prone to. It and even seems to make the few grey hairs I have a bit less obvious. I've tried gems, hairsprays, etc. and none worked as well, and the left my hair feeling nasty, to boot. Vitalis leaves my hair darned near perfect every day I use it, and it has no annoying side effects like other products, which can leave hair unnaturally rigid ( hairspray or gel "cement head") or greasy ( when I tried Wildroot). An added plus for vitalis over other classic grooms is that it doesn't seem to have issues in the heat.
I'm not in love with the scent(though it's a *lot* less horrible than hairspray), but it is mild, fades quickly and doesn't irritate me like a lot of scents do. If you have hair with a lot of "life" that lays well and want to try something that gives ti that little extra to keep ti in line, then vitalis is amazing. if, OTOH, you're trying for a classic slicked back look, you may want a stronger classic groom like Brylcreem, Groom and Clean, or wildroot.

TLDR: if you want a light hold classic groom with no downsides, give it a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
I agree that Vitalis makes for a great hair dressing! Just picked up a bottle for two whole American dollars at my local Big Lots store and I'm really enjoying the way it works.

Great shine, nice hold (especially if you're looking to accentuate curly hair like I am) and ZERO "greasy kid stuff" feel.

For my money, this is a great find and a real fun way to dress your hair old-school stylee. A definite must for anyone looking for a classic way to make your hair do what you want without a lot of hassle, goop or grease.

The scent is nice, but negligible. Nothing but positives to say about this product. :thumbup:
Vitalis is good stuff. When I need to keep my hair sharp looking and in place this is my goto. Vitalis doesn't wear your hair down and it stays in all day. If your hair falls out of place...just comb it and Vitalis works its magic! :thumbup1:
This is the perfect product to help you look razor sharp. I use it daily to correct the dryness of my thick hair. It coats your hair in what seems like oil but somehow is not greasy to the touch at all. It adds a nice healthy shine and lets you comb your hair however you choose. When you're ready to go out your hair looks perfectly groomed like men used to do but it isn't stiff or unnatural looking like a gel. I use it right after I get out of the shower, I completely saturate my hair with it then use about a quarter size dollup of groom and clean. What I like most about this product is I can comb in a razor sharp part and it stays all day and I can easily recomb if needed. It gives me a nice well groomed look like the guys on Madmen. It is easily washed out. The scent is strong when you 1st apply it and once the alcohol in it drys the scent somewhat fades. This stuff is perfect for the classic business man haircut.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)