What's new

Vilfix 2234

This is a great brush. Very soft, nice knot. for 59$ this is a wise investment. In addition this brush has made me a Vulfix man, just all around great quality. :001_smile :001_smile :001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
This is an excellent all around brush especially for the $60 I paid. Some consider this to be a 'floppy' brush and while I would agree somewhat with that I don't believe 'floppy' in this case to be a bad thing. This would be a very good starter brush and could be used to determine if you want something stiffer, more dense, shorter, longer handle or whatever. The quality of mine has been excellent with very little shedding, a well printed printed handle and very rugged. If your shave brush acquisition disorder is raging this probably isn't the brush for you but if you are starting out in wet-shaving or moving up to a Badger brush it is a very good choice. :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Well, I got this brush yesterday, and whipped up a few batches of lather with it to test it out... I did a superlather, a few lathers straight off a DR Harris Sandalwood puck, and a few lathers off a Col. Conk BayRum puck. Everything came out fantastic! lathered just about equally to my Rooney Medium Super, which is a much bigger brush.

I have it a price of 10, because its REALLY a great brush for the money, and all around, the quality shows more than the price suggests.

I gave it a quality of a 9, because realistically its probably nothing compared to a high end Plisson, or even Rooney, but coupled with the price, its probably one of the best brushes for its price range.

Density was given an 8 because its really not that dense, but the knot size is small, and so is the brush itself, and it does a REALLY good job of applying lather because of its "not so dense" characteristics...

Stiffness of tips was given a 5, simply because the tips are not very stiff... but this is not a bad thing! Depends on what you want in the brush...

Softness of tips were given a 10 because the tips REALLY are soft, and if thats what you are looking for, this brush is a great tool!

Ergonomic was given a 9, the handle could use being a bit bigger, but for the size of the brush, it fits perfectly. But the shape is awesome.

It lathered the same as my Rooney, so I gave it a 10. For a brush that is less dense, and smaller... this brush lathers great!

All in all, an excellent buy for a first brush, for me, it was my 3rd.. and I have a feeling it will be a brush I put to frequent use!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)