What's new

Vie-long pro horse brush

Pros: Nice heavy handle wood/metal, very soft
Cons: floppy
Well made. soft bristles. Used the break-in suggestion on the B&B Wiki and no funk. Just too floppy for my liking. It was my first good brush. Would recommend for a face latherer or use with creams.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
This the standard Vie-long barbers horse brush, available only in brown hair. I have the no 2, the bigger version (handle is a bit higher 6 cm vs 5,5 cm, loft a bit wider than no 1: 20 mm vs 18mm; and 6 cm high for both). No 2 comes at 12 euros shipped in Europe, 15,90 world wide. Only lost a few hairs during the braking in, so quality is good. Hairs are fairly soft, and firm enough for me, without being prickly. For me the "extra" treatment (making the hairs softer) does not seem necessary. The brush fits well in my hand, and generates easily enough lather for a good shave. A real work horse. I usually face lather with shave stick, and super lather that with a cream. But I have also tried it with just creams. The brush worked just fine on everything I tried (Tabac, Sanders, Vergulde Hand, VDH, Omega, Cella and Col. Conk). This brush is now my go to brush. Price/performance ratio is very good. Try one!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)