What's new

Vie-long pro extra horse brown no 1

I don't have the #1 size,but I do have both the brown and black #2 size in the "extra hair" versions..I originally thought the "extra hair " designation meant just that,but WIL is correct,it is an extended conditioning process on the hairs.....these brushes,the #1 and #2 are so close in structure,I hope WIL does not mind me throwing in my 2 cents,even though I have never tried the #1 size, to be honest...I think the price for these bargain brushes is very good,and I have no problems with soaps or creams,I was surprised ,however,to discover I really got a quicker,fuller lather from shave sticks using the pro horse,and once again,if you decide to try one of these vie-longs ,remember the hairs are long,too much pressure bends the hair shafts,use light pressure,and work the soap or cream,and your beard, with the TIPS of the brush,,,if you have not tried a long shaft horse hair brush before,you will adapt very quickly,a nice classic shave and a great price
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
This one is also from their pro / barbers line. Extra does not mean extra quality hair, but that the hairs have been treated to make the tips extra soft. Price is good, some 13 euro shipped to Europe, some 16 international. It has enough back bone to easily lather soaps and creams, but feels quite soft on the face. Usually mane hairs are a bit prickly, but the treatment has cured that. Quality is good, only lost a few hears during the break in. No 1 is a medium size: the handle is about 2,8 cms wide and 5,5 high, loft 6 cms high and 1,8 cms wide. No 2 has a bit bigger/wider handle (3 cms) and a bit bigger/wider loft 2 cms. Density is fine with both. As I have large hands no 2 fits a bit better, but not much difference. It lathered great from the very first time (I simply start using them, no treatments), Williams soap, Tabac stick and cream, Arko stick, Jentlemen Classic Fern cream and Sanders soap were no problem for the brush. A very nice brush, well made and a good performer. Worth a try. This brush is also available in black hair.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)