What's new

Vie-Long 13071 [Horse Hair]

Item Description

Vie-Long shaving brush 13071 made with natural brown horse hair, not bleached. An excellent combination of firm hair and soft tips thanks to a dedicated process that Vie-Long applies to the tips. Horse hair allows very good water retention. Offer with a natural olive wood handle.

Horses are not harmed during collection process. “Hair cut” is part of the horse care and hygiene.

Hair mix: 35% mane hair; 65% tail hair

Overall Length - 107mm.

Handle Length - 50mm.

Loft - 57mm.

Knot - 23mm.

Latest reviews

Pros: excellent natural quality brush
A horse hair brushes is a excellent choice for those who have moral objections to the killing of a animal, or for those (like me) who are interested in WHY horse hair brushes where once incredible popular and the nr1 choice for shaving brushes. Part of it was probably the fact horses where common and easy to groom. Another reason was it's characteristics: holds water really well and has a good backbone. This brush is a good soap latherer, a good cream latherer, a good bow latherer and a good face latherer. You guessed it: it is a very allround brush. I like to face lather soaps. It has a beautiful olive wood handle in a warm color, it's natural grain adds to that. It has natural brown horse hair that has not been bleached. To me this adds to it's beauty. Depending on where you order your brush you might be able to customize the loft height. This brush is a excellent, very well balanced brush that quickly made me forget I had a silvertip. Strongly recommended!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)