What's new

Vicco Turmeric shaving cream

Pros: nice travel size
Found this cream in a East Indian store beside my doctors.
Went in to check it out, found this shave cream at 3 bucks.
Tried it, scent not for most but ok, but it did not lather well for me.
And that is the idea behind shaving, you need a lather.
Try it at a low price, but not recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap
Cons: awful scent, difficult to lather
I used this reject today for the first and last time. I'm not one to be negative but the scent of this cream was a big turn-off to me and I found it also difficult to lather up with. The only two decent things about this cream are the fact that it's reasonably-priced and it moisturizes fairly well. I hate to say this, but I threw away the tube already.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I also picked this up in Mustafa center in Singapore when I was there last September. I bought pretty much every shaving cream they had, because the stuff in Japan is so expensive.

I bought this one ONLY because of the awesome smiley man on the box (the packaging gets a '10' JUST FOR THAT.

I tried it for the first time tonight. As Singapura said, it really does look like earwax. The smell is a little strong (after finishing, I was thinking of titling my review "Keep the Tumeric in the Kitchen", but now, two hours later, I'm smelling the remains of it under my aftershave, and it smells nice.

Everyone else seems to have got a good lather out of it. I found that it lathered very poorly... lots of lather, but very bubbly and not as slippery as I would like. It was as if I'd added too much water to the bowl... but I hadn't added any. I didn't find it very protective; my razor skidded on my face quite a few times.

Near the end, I doubled up the amount of cream and then I finally started to get a good lather, but it was too little, too late. I think maybe the trick is to really dry off the brush first... something I haven't had to do with any other cream. However, even when I got the better lather going, it still didn't offer the protection I've come to expect.

I will keep it around for use on two-pass days because the smell wafting from my face right now in the night breeze is quite nice... but under no circumstances will I ever try BBS with this sucker again.

Also, Vicco's shaving cream page has moved:

http://www.viccolabs.com/vicco/Products.aspx?ProdNo=M6

If you see this, pick it up and give it a go. You never know, you might like it, but more importantly, the picture on the box will make a great conversation piece if anyone snoops in your bathroom cupboard.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I like this stuff. Bought a tube while visiting my daughter in Indianmarketland, NJ. Tried it out and phoned her to pick up a few more tubes for me. Lathers like crazy. And the guy pictured on the package is really keen.
Last weekend I bough this stuff at Mustafa, the largest department store in Singapore. Even though the picture on the tube looks very corny and the cream itself looks like earwax I liked the lather very much. The cream is protective and allows a close shave. The smell is not something I'd like every day but it's definitely exotic. http://www.viccolabs.com/shaving.php
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I bought this stuff at an East Indian supermarket recently, and I'm sort of impressed with it. It's cheap enough, and it lathers like there's no tomorrow, but the scent is weird to say the least, kind of like a spice rack. However, again, a little on your brush will give more than enough lather to do a 3 pass shave, and the moisturization is excellent, and it's very, very good if your skin is sensitive. Definitely a good tight budget cream. The tube is light blue with a man's face on it, and made of plastic. Pricewise, 3.99$ is pretty affordable I'd say. I'd reccomend this cream and give it a :thumbup1:

Jeff
Top Bottom