What's new

Versace L'Homme

Item Description

A "power frag" Basenoter suggested this as worth a try. I made a swap with another member for some 1990s vintage Versace L'Homme.

I was stunned by this one.

This was evidently Versace's first foray into fragrance in 1984. While it is still available, there is some discussion that it has been reformulated. I evidently got the old stuff and I haven't compared yet. Some people get very persnickity over these reformulations and I don't know if the new stuff is vastly different or not. Might be toned down a little.

The opening notes are this fantastic fresh cut grass smell. It morphs into a sort of sweet leather with a bit of a barbershop vibe too.

I don't think it was a big seller, so some of the older bottles likely still out there. Can be had pretty reasonably.

Top notes: Lemon, petite grain, basil, pimento.
Heart notes: Cinnamon, cedar, patchouli, sandalwood and rose
Base notes: Oakmoss, leather, labdanum, Tonka and vanilla

I'm not good at dissecting the notes, but I will say these all work in nice harmony. Nothing seems to dominate. Very, very well crafted frag.
Some think it's an overlooked 80s masterpiece. I can see why. It's not as aggressive as Bois Du Portugal or Anteus, but it makes a statement.

It's one of the few scents of the many I have tried or own that keeps pleasantly surprising me when I catch a whiff.

Watch the name if you want to check it out! There are a lot of similarly named Versace scents that can easily confuse SAs. L'Homme (not "Man" or "Pour Homme")

Latest reviews

Yep still have a bottle and a half and it is my "special occasion" cologne and my all time fav.
A "power frag" Basenoter suggested this as worth a try. I made a swap with another member for some 1990s vintage Versace L'Homme.

I was stunned by this one.

This was evidently Versace's first foray into fragrance in 1984. While it is still available, there is some discussion that it has been reformulated. I evidently got the old stuff and I haven't compared yet. Some people get very persnickity over these reformulations and I don't know if the new stuff is vastly different or not. Might be toned down a little.

The opening notes are this fantastic fresh cut grass smell. It morphs into a sort of sweet leather with a bit of a barbershop vibe too.

I don't think it was a big seller, so some of the older bottles likely still out there. Can be had pretty reasonably.

Top notes: Lemon, petite grain, basil, pimento.
Heart notes: Cinnamon, cedar, patchouli, sandalwood and rose
Base notes: Oakmoss, leather, labdanum, Tonka and vanilla

I'm not good at dissecting the notes, but I will say these all work in nice harmony. Nothing seems to dominate. Very, very well crafted frag.
Some think it's an overlooked 80s masterpiece. I can see why. It's not as aggressive as Bois Du Portugal or Anteus, but it makes a statement.

It's one of the few scents of the many I have tried or own that keeps pleasantly surprising me when I catch a whiff.

Watch the name if you want to check it out! There are a lot of similarly named Versace scents that can easily confuse SAs. L'Homme (not "Man" or "Pour Homme")

Item information

Added by
StylinLA
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from StylinLA

Top Bottom