What's new

Veleiro Creme de Barbear

Indeed, Portugal don't have any bad wetshaving product!!This Veleiro cream is another hidden jewel. It deserves a place at side of Musgo, yes you read well, the almighty Musgo, same league same quality!! :thumbup:That said a little more ad and public image will be needed to achieve the same sales of the Musgo brand (anyway Confiança of Veleiro and Claus of Musgo merged some years ago and are now one same factory...) but, due to the Veleiro quality, it's just a matter of time...The Veleiro will be #1 too one of these days, i'm quite sure.Anyway one of my prefered and nothing can go wrong with this one!!:thumbup1:Take a look at my avatar and check the previous pack of Veleiro in the ol' days or the naif Vintage pack, now gone for good.:sad: If this pack could return...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I'm starting to wonder if Portugal makes a bad shaving product. Always on the hunt for the unusual I picked this little oddity up from vintagescent and I must say, I'm impressed.

Price Picked this up for just under 6 euros which is pretty darn reasonable for a good-sized tube.

Quality From the packaging to the scent to the performance this is top-notch stuff.

Scent A rather subdued but fresh marine cologne scent. I can't quite place it but it does smell a bit department store...I don't mean this in a bad way but it could be one of the CK colognes I'm thinking of. I also thought at times it reminded me of T&H 1805 and maybe even a touch of Irish Spring. A very light scent however and you almost have to stick your nose in the lathery brush to really get it. I wish it were a tad stronger actually but very nice anyway.

Latherability No problems here, lathered up without delay.

Efficacy An irritation/nick - free shave was my reward. This stuff is really slippery and the razor seemed happy skating effortlessly across my face.

Moisturizing I found it quite moisturizing. This could be due to the cocounut oil, glycerin, and lanolin found within.

Packaging Classy, understated, sturdy. Nice blue box and heavy duty metal tube with minimalist sailboat design. One other thing I like is that the cap is as wide as the tube which means the tube stands on its own without falling over which is more than I can say for Proraso which tends to fall over once it gets used and bent up.

Overall this stuff is a winner and earned an immediate spot in my rotation. Confianca has a long and distinguished history of soap-making (est. 1894) and that pedigree shines through in this product. Definitely something you might want to check out. :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)