What's new

Vaseline body & face lotion

Pros: Soothing, Non-Greasy
Cons: Strong Scent
I tried this as to help with Razor Burn and quickly found out it is an excellent all-around Aftershave. It helps cool razor burn and moisturize better than my other favorite, Nivea for Men Sensitive.

In fact, it helped my Razor Burn ten times better than the Nivea ever did, and leaves my face feeling nice and soft.

It does not clog my pores, and even though it's from Vaseline, it's not greasy.

The scent can be a little strong, but I like it.

Apparently many guys are starting to discover this works very well as an Aftershave balm.

I am using the "Fast Absorbing" version of this product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lots of glycerin
Cons: Can leave skin feeling tacky
I bought the new unscented version. Like most of the reviews above, I'm very favorably impressed. Glycerin is the 2nd listed ingredient and you can really tell. The balm goes on very smoothly and feels cold (even without menthol). Well worth the $5 at Walmart. Edit: I obviously WOULD rec the product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I really like this stuff! I have very sensitive skin, and nothing has ever soothed my cheeks and forehead like this. I apply it both as an aftershave and a facial moisturizer. It leaves my face very calmed but not greasy. This could be your go-to aftershave. It's extremely affordable, and it's scent doesn't conflict with the majority of colognes. If you ask me, this might be the best value in shaving/personal care products.

Scott
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
i been using this lotion after every shave and boy is it good. not only dose it moisturizer
your face it provides a nice light sent, leaves a non greasy felling and the price about 4 bucks for a good size bottle will last you a long time.
every shaver should have this in their shaving kit :shaving:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I agree with the consensus here. This product is very effective as an after shave balm.

It has a very pleasant, mild, musky scent, and goes on smooth and does not leave behind any residue at all when it is absorbed by the skin. It has a very very slight cooling (refreshing) affect as the lotion dries on your face. No alcohol sting here.

The lotion is NOT greasy at all, as most after shave balms are. But, having said that, this lotion keeps your face somewhat "tacky" to the touch for most of the day as it keeps your skin moisturized for an unusually long time. This stuff keeps your skin from getting dry pretty much all day.

I have been using this stuff for approx 2 weeks now and have noticed that I dont get the occasional itch after shaving anymore. Even the subtle redness (not razor burn) that I used to get immediately after shaving has pretty much disappeared.

I typically used to use Proraso after shave balm, but this has become my number 1 choice now. It just works better for me (YMMV).

I live in Texas, and am very susceptible to dry skin all year round, this lotion pretty much eliminated that.

For a couple of dollars, I would highly recommend anyone to try it. If it does not work out, you can always use it as a general purpose lotion in those dry winter months.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I've seen this too but have stayed away from it since my experience with body lotions is that they're greasy. So I might have to take another look at this. Can you describe the scent?
I totally agree. Picked it up at a local CVS store a couple of weeks ago and have used it daily ever since. Dirt Cheap and good scent on top of a great soothing makes this product a 10/10 in my book!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I'd like to start off by saying that I was in need of an aftershave that didn't sting like hell. Something to cap off a nice shave with a great odor, great feeling, and minimal sting (if any). I happened to find this wonderful product at Target on sale for less than five bucks for 24.5 fl. oz.! I figured what the heck, at that price if I hate it what do I have to lose. I took it home and used it the first time as an aftershave and I've been using it since and it's been two months! I can't begin to tell you how good it feels to cap off a great shave with this product. The price is DIRT cheap when you consider how much you get and how long it will last you. To give you an Idea I use it for my hands too just because I can without putting a dent in it. The other thing I love about this as an aftershave is that in my experience with this product it isn't at all oily or greasy. One tiny pump of this in the palm of your hand feels great when you rub it into your face. I never have any residue left after massaging it in my face. The scent, quality, and quantity of this product are well worth the purchase in my opinion. It's a fresh woodsy scent reminiscent of cedar. The scent is mild and long lasting. As long as this product is available it will be my only choice as an aftershave. On a final note I will say it lacks a cooling effect but it makes up for that with soothing properties.
Top Bottom