What's new

Van Der Hagen Unscented Luxury Soap

Appearance: This is a puck of clear glycerin soap.

Packaging: Do to its slightly larger size, the puck comes in a slightly larger box than the "standard" VDH soaps. The box is black with a faint basket weave pattern embossed on the sides. The front and back are "Tiffany Blue". Inside you will find a slightly larger version of the standard VDH plastic holder. The packaging is fairly nice.

Soap: Since the puck weighs 3.5 ounces as opposed to the standard 2.5 ounces it fits into my Old Spice Mug better than the Standard puck.

Performance: I soaked my boar bristle brush and mug, emptied the mug shook out the brush and started whipping up some lather. This stuff DOES lather like crazy! It lathers faster than the standard VDH glycerin that I normally use. On the face, the lather seemed to retain moisture somewhat better than the standard VDH and as I shaved I felt is was some what "slicker" too.

Scent: None.

Conclusion: You can order the standard glycerin from Amazon for a price that averages to about $0.74 an ounce and it is widely available. Currently the unscented luxury soap sells on Amazon for $11.88 a three pack or an average of $1.31 an ounce. Is the performance worth nearly double the price of the standard glycerin soap? Not really but it does perform better and at $3.96 a puck it is still a bargain.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)