What's new

van der Hagen - Glycerin

Item Description

I don't know if others use this soap, but it is absolutely fabulous. I have been experimenting with other companies shave soap, but always have to go back to my van der Hagen Glycerin soap. It is no joke regarding being hypo-allergenic and non-irritating. I don't think I have especially sensitive skin (I still have not found a shave cream that irritated my skin), but it seems other companies shave soaps give me irritation. Williams was another exception, but it does not lubricate enough for a smooth shave. I have tried Col Conk soaps, including their own glycerin soaps and they seem to turn my face red. I can still get a decent shave (not as good as with VDH), but at the cost of irritation.

For me this ruins the entire shaving experience. With the van der Hagen Glycerin soap I just get great shaves day in day out. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a experience shave soap user or the newbie not sure what to try. Their Deluxe soap is pretty nice, but I find the Glycerin far superior. I have yet to actually use their Select soap, but I do own a puck. I really hope this company says in business, because I would be very happy using the Glycerin soap the rest of my life. It is that good.

You gotta try it. I'd still buy it if it cost 10x what they actually sell it for. I guess I am lucky I found a soap that works so well and costs so little. Try it, you might be in the same boat.

proxy.php

Latest reviews

Pros: Price, scent, lather, slickness, everything.
Cons: Wish it was a bigger puck.
I have used several of the super popular soaps, and this out does most of them. Slickness is amazing, super yogurty lather, I personally love the scent, and it leaves the face soft and moisturized afterwards. People just need to get their noses out of the air. Although I will say the VDH luxury soaps are junk for me, but this glycerin puck is amazing.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very Smooth shave
Cons: Have not found for sale in Canada
Cannot believe how great a product this is. I had read a few postings on it where people claimed it was hard to lather it up...not so at all. A few swishes with the badger brush, and lots of lather. The glycerin makes for a very smooth shave and leaves your skin moisturized.

Bought 2 pucks of this at $2.00 a piece..I have not yet found it for sale in Canada, so picked it up in the US at a Walgreens store. Wish I had picked up a few more, but I could easily see this becoming my soap of choice.

Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Van Der Hagen-Glycerin soap is good soap,i whip up a lather and transfer it to my lather bowl and add three drops of "Shave Secret" to the bowl and whip it up some more,it makes the blade glide on my face.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)