What's new

Uppercut Deluxe Shave Cream

Pros: Scent, good amount of menthol
I tried the Australian cream that comes in a black tube. It lathered up OK, was very moisturizing and had an awesome scent of lemongrass with a bit of menthol and coconut (very subtle). There was just the right amount of menthol to get a nice refreshing cool feeling but no over the top. I really liked it.

Shaved with a 1961 Gillette Tech and a Shark super stainless blade. No nicks and my skin feels good.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: nice scent, menthol action on the skin
Cons: uninspiring lather
I shaved using a Merkur HD razor and Derby blade over 3 passes. Lathered with an Edwin Jagger Super Badger brush.

This comes in an environmentally friendly pump container. I used two pumps and then started to lather it up with my brush. I got an OK lather, but it was pretty thick and not particularly noteworthly. There are better lathering products out there for the price.

Having said that, I got a really nice shave out of it. The menthol works really well - you can feel your face tingle as you shave. I can't say I noticed the coconut scent. But there were no cuts or nicks and the razor moved very nicely across my face.

It wasn't a BBS shave, but it was a very fine shave and quite respectable. My face felt nice after.

A perfectly respectable product, but nothing that will blow the razor out of your hand! Price wise, you can get better creams at the price.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)