What's new

Une Rose by Frédéric Malle Editions de Parfums

Item Description

Frédéric Malle Editions de Parfums has put out a lipstick rose scent that would certainly not work on men. Une Rose is the answer to that.

Creed's Bulgarian tea rose meets my need for a green rose. When I want a dark, earthy rose, I turn to the Malle. Une Rose gives me the dark, gummy, masculine flower in all its glory, completely offsetting any feminine associations it may have. The opening is a boozy explosion of rose, black cherry, geranium, and plastic. Each note is blended to a smoothness that conjures up images of dewy red roses, green shadows, prune-colored cherries straight out of a Bill Brady photograph, and dusty vinyl records twirling in the background. Everything is pristine, mysterious, artfully rendered, and ultimately very weird. It's quite beautiful, and it works.

100 ml is about $160, so for a relatively linear floral, I kinda think this could be cheaper. But hey, it's not as bad as Creed. Rose is a difficult note to interpret, and I think this is a very good rendition, mainly because it innovates on the masculine, brooding darkness of rose, and brings that character forward quite well. The bottles are beautifully simple, although mine was a sample. In terms of longevity, I get a day's worth out of this.

Definitely give this a try. It's the most masculine rose I've encountered.

Latest reviews

Another Malle lover here.
I second every word of your well written review.
I try to be provident with extremely high ratings, but in my score there is a lot of 10's.

As you mention, it is not a cheap one.
But is a decent price for such a modern masculine rose scent.
Expensive ingredients also.

As with all Malle editions, the quality is outstanding.
The packaging is simple, understated and stylish.

proxy.php

The scent is a complex rose, with earthy tones of truffle and wood tones.
There's also geranium in it, and some acetone smell. I noted that Malle does not indicate whether any of their scents is meant for male or female. So you will find this scent being praised by men and women.

The scent lingers for a day at least.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Frédéric Malle Editions de Parfums has put out a lipstick rose scent that would certainly not work on men. Une Rose is the answer to that.

Creed's Bulgarian tea rose meets my need for a green rose. When I want a dark, earthy rose, I turn to the Malle. Une Rose gives me the dark, gummy, masculine flower in all its glory, completely offsetting any feminine associations it may have. The opening is a boozy explosion of rose, black cherry, geranium, and plastic. Each note is blended to a smoothness that conjures up images of dewy red roses, green shadows, prune-colored cherries straight out of a Bill Brady photograph, and dusty vinyl records twirling in the background. Everything is pristine, mysterious, artfully rendered, and ultimately very weird. It's quite beautiful, and it works.

100 ml is about $160, so for a relatively linear floral, I kinda think this could be cheaper. But hey, it's not as bad as Creed. Rose is a difficult note to interpret, and I think this is a very good rendition, mainly because it innovates on the masculine, brooding darkness of rose, and brings that character forward quite well. The bottles are beautifully simple, although mine was a sample. In terms of longevity, I get a day's worth out of this.

Definitely give this a try. It's the most masculine rose I've encountered.

Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Featherweight
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Featherweight

Top Bottom