What's new

Twinluxe smooth shave cream

(discussion thread here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2839426#post2839426)

This cream surprised me with how well it performs. It is NOT a lathering cream, so trying to add water or whip it up is a pointless exercise. Smeared directly on with the fingers, it applies cleanly and gives a great shave.

Price – I have to give it poor marks here. OK, at $34 for a 150g/5.2oz tub it’s far from the most expensive cream out there. However, you end up using so much of the product each time (see Latherability below) that the per-shave cost is huge. You’re going to go through this tub in record time. If you’re a typical B+Ber buying dozens of soaps and creams and never finishing any of them, this might not be a big deal. I’m more of a “use it until it’s done then get a new one” guy, so I’m having a hard time getting past the cost.

Quality – hands down, this is a winner. You can tell that high quality ingredients were used, and the results were always excellent.

Scent – very subtle scent, sophisticated. I’m not so good at identifying notes, but after looking at the ingredients list there’s definitely some of the White Tea coming through. The scent fades quickly, but it definitely smells classy.

Latherability – n/a. This product is made to go on brushless – although you can apply with a brush, I found that just sucked up extra product (and at those prices, I’m not wasting any!) The problem here is that the product is extremely thick, more of a paste than a cream. Where one snurdle of lathering cream makes enough lather for a 3- or 4-pass shave (and a jar last 6 months), you need a 2-fingered scoop of Twinluxe for EACH PASS. I can see blowing through the whole thing in about a month’s solid use.

Efficacy – again, perfect. 3 smooth, irritation free passes giving me consistently top level shaves.

Moisturizing properties – wonderful. My skin feels healthy and happy, without being greasy or clogged up. Loved it.

Packaging - classy and high quality.

Overall, I give this product top marks. Yes, I can make equally good lather for a fraction of the cost, but we B+Bers are obviously not the target market here! This would make a great gift for a non-wet shaver out there, it looks and feels expensive and the performance is top notch. I'd probably buy it again for myself if I found a coupon or sale.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)