What's new

Tweezerman

Item Description

I've been playing and over the past month picked up these three brushes. The C&E was a challenge. The store in Atlanta showed it on the computer but it wasn't there. The salesman called all over and located one in DC and had it shipped to me (Free). It arrived in 3 days. Beautiful and consistent with the reviews.
The pictures show comparison shots with the C&E @22-23mm with a great bloom.
The Tweezerman @ 20-21mm performed well and is a very respectable brush for an incredibly cheap $10.00 shipped. It has a resilient, springy brush has a tight knot with a fairly soft feel. The quality is very good. It shed only a few hairs at first and holds tight after one month of consistent rotational use (@3x's/wk). Fantastic starter brush and also good as a give-away if you want to help someone started in wet shaving.
The Kingsley @19mm is ok for $26.00 + shipping from uncommonscents.com. They also carry shaving supplies. (THere is an organic soap maker supplying them and I got her milled, bayrum shave soap. It was the absolute best smelling and great performing shave soap for 5.95/4.5oz bar.) For the money the C&E is a better deal and @$5.00 more when you get free shipping. The Kingsley is loosely packed, resilient and springy, and feels soft. It also performs well with creams or soaps. It is a respectable performer with very little shedding. It is holding up well and is very pleasant.

:smile: Headdoc

Latest reviews

Has served as an excellent, CHEAP starter brush. Has lost quite a few hairs over the first 3 months of (irregular) use but is still in fine shape. Can't go wrong for the price if you are just starting out.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Density
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
Coffee Addict;2947375 said:
What else can I say? I don't thing anyone should go for a boar brush when starting traditional shaving if he has the opportunity to get a tweezerman which will outperform a boar brush in all ways.

I know that B&B is a place where YMMV rules. However, if your experience has been limited to one boar brush whose performance didn't satisfy you, then your overall judgement on boar brushes may deny you a very satisfying shaving experience. There are a number of inexpensive boar brushes on the market (around the price of your tweezerman or less) that not only have received great reviews here in their own right, but have frequently been favored by some members over more expensive badger brushes.

Should you have a few extra bucks and wish to test this hypothesis, take a look at the reviews for the Omega Boar #49 Professional, Omega 48 Professional Boar Bristle Brush, or the Omega 10066. All can be obtained for under $10 from a number of vendors. For a bit more, take a look at reviews for the Semogue 1305. If you find what you read about these brushes encouraging, buy one and I'm sure you will enjoy the result.

I had only been wetshaving for about 3 weeks back last June when I bought a Rooney 3/1 in Silvertip. Rooney brushes generally are very well received as they are a high quality product in a number of grades of badger hair. It was and is a wonderful brush. However, back in November I picked up an Omega 80266 boar in trade and have found it to be almost as soft and slightly more adept at face lathering soaps.

If you give the right boar another chance, you may be surprised!
Hello gents.

The Coffee Addict here.

This was my first badger brush (bought after a cheap boar brush that I gave away to a British friend) but it's now kept as a travel brush now that I have my Rooney super.

Price: $13 dlls for a badger brush? You'd better laugh.

Quality: I gave it a 9. I know many of you will be surprised because of this but the tweezerman is much better made than I expected when I read the reviews. It lost many hairs the first weeks; and lost 1 occasionally (in fact rarely) in about a year of use. Besides, the knot never came out of the handle as other users said. Even, the wood is well-sealed and never wore.

Density: I gave it an 8 because I've seen pics from above of some vulfix brushes and my tweezie looks way denser. Another user here, who reviewed a vulfix in pure badger said that his tweezerman is denser.

Stiffness: It's a stiff brush that massaged your face thoroughly.

Softness: 9. Believe it or not, there's a HUGE difference from a boar brush to the tweezerman. The hairs become very soft with each use and even softer if you soak it in wamr water while you shower. The hair feels stiff after trying a silvertip, yet they are way MUCH MUCH softer compared to a boar brush.

Ergonomic: the handle is about 50mm and always found it to be very comfortable.

Latherability: it excels with both soaps and creams, and both bowl and face lathering.

What else can I say? I don't thing anyone should go for a boar brush when starting traditional shaving if he has the opportunity to get a tweezerman which will outperform a boar brush in all ways.

-Coffee Addict

Some pics:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)