What's new

Tweezerman review

Pros: Fast thick lather, soft yet stiff bristles
Cons: not the most attractive brush
Great bang for the buck on this one, nothing fancy but great lather for the price.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cost
Solid cheap and dependable. Compared to my good brushes it’s lacking but compared to the Crabtree and Evelyn Edwin Jagger Pure Badger made in England this Tweezerman is great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Value
Cons: None
Very good brush for the price and it fits in the Colonel conk stand.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
My Tweezerman brush is the first Badger brush I ever got. I can't compare it to other badger brushes because I've never tried any besides this one. The price is very affordable. It creates a very good lather. Bristles do fall out occasionally. I have been using this brush for almost three years and I'm still using it. Great quality brush considering the price. I would recommend this brush.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I call it a B&B Best Buy for under 20 dollars.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
At $15 USD this brush is a great value. Its small size, while it may not be ideal for a daily use brush, makes it perfect as a travel brush. It shed a bit at first, but nothing intolerable. It is stiffer then the typical badger, but much softer then any boar brush. Actually the slight stifness of the bristles makes it a good brush to apply lather to trim beards and moustaches, the typical badger being too floppy to apply lather with any precision for shaving neat boundaries.

I have tried several moderate to low priced boar and badger and found this one my favorite. Is it as luxurious as my high-end pure badger? Of course not. But its size and quality are:thumbup1: just the right mix for the travel kit.
especially for the price.. I didn't have any smell issues at all with mine, it only shed hairs the first few uses.. I may try something more upscale when this one wears out, but am curious how much better a brush can be than this one.. it works!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I just received the Tweezerman and tried it today. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't notice a bad smell from it at all, and there was very little shedding of bristles. It appears to be well made with a solid and easy to grip handle. I used my Col Conk Amber soap. The first thing I noticed was how quickly it whipped up a lather without much effort. The second thing I noticed was that the lather was somewhat light and airy, and I could not achieve a very dense, slick coating on my face. The third thing I noticed was that the lather tended to absorb up into the brush which required me to squeeze the bristles periodically. The bristles on this brush are soft and it is not very dense so it might be more suitable for creams. I'm probably going to go back to my Col Conk Blended Badger brush which has a heftier texture. IMO, if the people at Tweezermans increased the density of this brush they would have a winner on their hands.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
This brush seems fine to me... The price is great and mine is quite soft and doesn't shed at all... The only thing that is really 'wrong' with it is that the handle is cheap wood and the fit and finish is mediocre... But,, I don't lather my face with the handle,, so I can deal with something that skimps in that department...
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I was delighted with this brush. It is the favorite in my current rotation. After the Wilkinson boar brush I used for the last couple of years, this brush was in a completely different league. It lathered up fully after about 30 seconds, felt great on the face, and cost as much as a cheap drug store boar brush. Definitely try this out!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I've been using one of these for awhile now and they're not bad. The tips are a little stiff and not terribly soft, but it is certainly much better than a Boar brush. If you're looking for a Badger brush but don't want a heavy price tag, or you're looking for an inexpensive travel brush-- this is a good option. It competently lathers and is comfortable to hold. There is little heft, but the handle is a nicely finished wood and is alright. The density is fair and the quality decent on the whole, though nothing special. This is a decent, inexpensive brush that will do its job. Don't expect anything particularly soft or special, but it will function just fine.

It does lose hairs on the first couple of shaves, but after that it settles down nicely and will function.

As a bonus you may be able to find it locally at Harris Teeter or similar higher end grocery stores (I was surprised to find one there).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
The Tweezerman badger brush gets recommended a lot as a starter brush for the new wet shaver.

There's a reason for that. It's an inexpensive, decent brush. In fact, I think a lot of Tweezerman users who don't catch a shaving brush acquisition disorder from frequenting Badger & Blade may just stay with the "starter".

The handle is short and light. If that's a deal-breaker for you at under $20, then skip the Tweezerman.

Mine sheds the occasional hair now and then. See the comment about the short and light handle.

It's stiff enough for soaps and does a fine job with creams. There's a hint of scratch if I aggressively face lather ( Being able to write "aggressively face lather" makes writing a review worth it) but I like that sensation. If your face is so sensitive that you dare not abrade it with any but the softest silvertip, look elsewhere and bring your pocketbook.

I confess, this is my only badger, and yes, in my heart I lust after a high end brush that will never shed a hair and allow me to use phrases like "shaken, not stirred" with a straight face, but until I get the green light from the household finance minister, my trusty Tweezerman will have to do, and from a practical perspective it does it quite well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I got this brush because I needed something I could leave at work and perform well. I found that in the Tweezerman.

Price: 15 Dollars. I wouldn't spend much more on this brush. Its a 15 dollar brush.
Quality: This brush is very light. The wood handle is a little small, but I have larger hands. It finally stopped shedding, but it was more than expected.
Density: Loosely packed. Its 15 dollars.
Stiffness: Good for me. I thought it would be much stiffer, but gives just enough.
Softness: I was actually surprised. I was expecting it to be more scratchy.
Ergonomics: As stated the handle is a little small. It is easy to navigate the face with but is very light.
Latherability: Very acceptable. You will notice the difference if you use higher quality brushes but you won't complain. Does well with soaps and creams.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I bought this so I could try a badger, as previously I had a cheap boar brush that I got with some homemade shaving soap and a tin on ebay. I'm not qualified to say how it stacks up to other badgers, because I have no experience yet. But having studied endless photos, videos, and reviews of so many, I think this is a good brush, at the very least. It sheds very, very little, brings lather pretty fast, and it's cheap (which was the only way I could try a badger, at the present time). The handle's finish seems to be just fine even getting its hot bath. That said, I do want a brush that's denser, also with a bigger knot, and possibly with a longer handle like the one Col. Conk I've looked at, so I could use more of a "pencil" grip. But I do look forward to using this one every day:)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I bought one of these when I first started wet shaving about four years ago. I picked one up at the local long's drug stores for about ten bucks. Its a fine brush for the price. In fact, I've been using it for a few days while my vulfix brush takes a vacation. The firm hairs work up the lather quickly, lift my wiskers, and exfoliate my skin nicely. As for the grip, try using your finger/thumb tips to hold the brush with. Of course you could buy four or five, or twenty and see what works for you :001_rolle. Good luck, and have fun.:001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I just started using DE razors and didn't start using a badger brush till my 2nd week. I purchased the Tweezerman brush from Amazon, at about $15 I have to honestly say its a starter. It is badger hair but its definitely not what I have read badger brushes should be like. Its kind of soft but you definitely feel like your getting pricked here and there by a select few stiff hairs. It shed about 4 hairs on the first pass, two on the second and didn't shed any on the third pass. I think I got rid of all the loose hairs there were. The handle is small but its wooden so it kind of strains your hand holding your fingers so close. It worked up a decent lather so I will have to admit that I got a great shave, but that was probably the combination of using a good shaving soap and the brush. I wouldn't recommend this to any one else and would tell them to spend an extra $20-$30 and get one thats much better quality and will probably last them longer. I will use and abuse this brush then splurge for a much better quality one. I hope this helps other newbies in going for quality the first time around.
(The blade is for size refrence)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips