What's new

Tuscany per Uomo by Aramis

This is a quality, enjoyable fragrance in moderation but can be cloying if over-applied. It starts with a blast of lemon and dries down to a classic dry green scent with some citrus notes lingering as well. It is a little too linear and can get a little irritating after a while, but this is minimized if one does not exceed two sprays.

A perfect spring fragrance in my opinion. It smells like fresh cut grass and lemons to me. It can be a little strong in the summer heat but still makes a nice choice for summer evenings as well.
i have used this for 25 years on and off.
very strong and long lasting ,however does not suit everyone.
a classic .
i tried tuscany in 1985 and i still cant figure out the scent
I first gave the Tuscany a try back in November and neither my wife nor I were all that impressed. Now being June, I thought I'd go through some of those sents that didn't make the cut in the colder weather and surprise surprise... we both thought the Tuscany was a winner this time.

I don't know what would have changed our minds, but at this point the sent is nice and intimate (low sillage on me) and gives me the idea of subtle romance. I've worn it to work, but I'm not sure I'll probably do that too many more times as it's a bit distracting. As advertised, I catch the spice, leather and patchouli, but the sandalwood seems more fleeting, difficult to identify. Perhaps it's blended well with the spice... a spicy sandlewood! That's good news for me as the Diptyque Tam Dao (smells wonderful) isn't a good match for my person... I'm not sure how better to phrase that. The body chemistry gives a great sent, but it doesn't really characterize my personality, my home or lifestyle... know what I mean???

I'm very pleased that I didn't give-up on the Tuscany and I think it has the potential to stay in the wardrobe for a good long time. One of the FEW colognes that both my wife and I appreciate.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I agree with Lou, there is a pungent note on this that just comes out too strong. Other than that, it would be a classic must have in the rotation.

I was at a duty free store when this just came out. I slapped some on the paper tester and was like, yeahhh...well I bought it and after using it after a shower and throughout the day, I realized it was not for me. I broke the cardinal rule of buying a scent that was readily available through a quick impulse decision. :confused:

Always be careful of those paper test things as they will never show you the true middle and basenotes of any cologne. And, never let the topnotes get you.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I sampled Tuscany a few times, and each turned me off. On my skin, it has an unpleasant, pungent note that I can't identify. The pungent note decreased a little as it dried down, but not enough to make the cologne wearable for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Tuscany is one of the best fragrances by Aramis, and unlike some of their other top quality colognes, they haven't discontinued this one yet! In contrast to some of my other favorite colognes, this one is pretty easy to find retail.

Price is reasonable, at around $35 for 1.7 oz. I consider that to be an average price for a decent quality fragrance.

The quality is excellent as with all the Aramis colognes I've tried. They are good value for the money.

The packaging is staid and solid. Nothing frilly or cutting edge, but nicely done and functional. Clear rectangular glass bottle, with chrome cap. No issues with the atomizer, it functions without flaw.

The scent is fairly linear, not too complex. Starts off lemony and herbal, but quickly gets down to the spices, sandalwood, patchoulli and hint of leather and powder that are the heart of this scent. It is an interesting blend of dark notes balanced by sunshine.

As I said, its not too complex. Definitely not a single note fragrance, but once the top notes get out of the way it pretty much stays constant. The notes are well blended, so that nothing really overpowers.

The potency of this cologne is slightly above average in my book. Its a 4 spritz frag for me, with 3-4 spritzes being about average in my book. Sillage is not great. It hangs within about a foot of your skin. Lasting power is probably in the range of 7-8 hours.

Overall, its a classy, heady, and refined scent. Very masculine without being sweet or soapy. It would be at home in a suit, for an evening out. It might be a tad bit too romantic for business wear, but I've worn it to work without any problems. Definitely has an appeal to the feminine set, especially in colder weather. At the price, one could definitely do worse.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)