What's new

Trumpers Wild Fern

Item Description

I got a bottle of this as one of the first in my recent exploration of Fougeres, and it hasn't dissapointed me.

It's a massive cut above Brut in terms of the scent- it smells like quality, the very highest quality, very natural. The scent is a little less complex perhaps, starting briefly with citric topnotes, then the lush, green scent in the middle, and a hint of sandalwood in the base. There's a little Lavender in there too, but it just serves to bring out the herbal smell of it. But puzzling complexity is not what this stuff needs, it's coherent in its scent, and the natural quality of it is what I like best. It is positively luxurious- which you'd expect, given the price. The scent lasts well too.

It works as well as any splash on your skin- with only a very mild tingle from the alcohol. I gave it 10 for cooling sensation because this tingle is better than any cooling sensation in refreshing your skin.

There are no moisturising qualities- this is a light cologne for your face, basically. I just add a little glycerin to aftershaves which lack moisturisation, it's no problem.

Best of all is the bottle- by far and away the classiest looking bottle of aftershave I own.

Latest reviews

I got a bottle of this as one of the first in my recent exploration of Fougeres, and it hasn't dissapointed me.

It's a massive cut above Brut in terms of the scent- it smells like quality, the very highest quality, very natural. The scent is a little less complex perhaps, starting briefly with citric topnotes, then the lush, green scent in the middle, and a hint of sandalwood in the base. There's a little Lavender in there too, but it just serves to bring out the herbal smell of it. But puzzling complexity is not what this stuff needs, it's coherent in its scent, and the natural quality of it is what I like best. It is positively luxurious- which you'd expect, given the price. The scent lasts well too.

It works as well as any splash on your skin- with only a very mild tingle from the alcohol. I gave it 10 for cooling sensation because this tingle is better than any cooling sensation in refreshing your skin.

There are no moisturising qualities- this is a light cologne for your face, basically. I just add a little glycerin to aftershaves which lack moisturisation, it's no problem.

Best of all is the bottle- by far and away the classiest looking bottle of aftershave I own.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)