What's new

Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food

Pros: Great smell, soothing, repairs skin
Cons: Not eatable
As much as its a very thin cream it is highly concentrate. I received a sample pack and i loved it. I normally use Bluebeard's revenge post shave and i found them to be almost identical with the results, they're a very similar liquid. Bluebeard's in comparison seems to fight razor burn a bit quicker and it's not as concentrate but Trumper has slightly better value for money and it smells great so i own both. If you're thinking of buying it i suggest getting it right away it will last you for ages. Also great for sensitive skin and it's not sticky unless you apply too much and go wild with it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Calming and soothing, Scent, Moisturizing
Cons: Price
I love this product! A little goes a long ways with it. I use a drop about the size of a pea and it covers the whole face with product to spare! The scent is light yet pleasurable and very calming to irritated skin. I love using this in combination with Dragon Ice -really kills razor burn fast and you remain comfortable all day long. Grab some, you'll be glad you did!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Fragrance, Longevity
Cons: Does not moisturize well enough for dry skin
A great product for summer use or for those who don't have dry skin. I do have dry skin so I won't buy it again. Scent is very nice but is not overwhelming and fades quickly.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cooling sensation, protective film
Cons: None
If used as a pre-aftershave it does wonders. A small amount goes a long way, and it will close your pores, provide initially strong, refreshing natural scent which quickly gives way for your AS, and most importantly gives a protective thin layer over which to apply your alcohol-based splash. Great pleasure to use, but remember, it's pre-after-shave!Just because it has a handful of ingredients doesn't make it less quality - it's the right set of high-quality ingredients that matters and skin-food has it!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Doesn't this review leave you wondering where this gentleman is coming from? The ratings are drastically out of sync with the other reviews. Why? The reviewer offers no insights or reasoning whatsoever.
Coarse beard and sensitive skin has been my plague for life. I was recently gifted a bottle of the Sandalwood skin food by a fellow B&B'er along with matching soap -therefore I didn't rate the price (Thanks to SirArthur!). The skin food has been an amazing treat for me. Normally I use Thayers followed by Davinci water. But a thin coat of the skin food does everything.

A note about the price (having just paid the $26 for 100ml of the Coral skin food) - a little goes a long way. It is easy to tell that I've used my Speick or Alt Innsburck after a week. But the skin food requires such a minimal amount that the bottle doesn't look like it has been touched. It will last a long while.

The scent is quite good. As others have noted, it doesn't stick with you. I find this to be a good thing, as I may want to use some different scent later on. I'm not using it as cologne, just as something to calm my face after a shave. For that purpose, it works wonders!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I've only tried the sandlewood of the GFT skin food line and it is definitely in my top five.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
One of my favorites - espacially combined witk GFT Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I love love love it!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Skinfoods work, and work well for me. I tend to have oily skin, and this stuff just does wonders. seals up my pores better then even alcohol splash without as much drying! I can really feel my skin just tighten after use. Any razor burn is gone on contact.
It is a bit pricey in my opinion but as they say a little goes a long way. as far as scent, the sandalwood is by far my favourite out of all the skinfoods. to me, it smells like sandalwood oil with a sweet herbal note. unlike most reviewers, the scent lingers (granted a bit faintly) for most of the day on me.

I think skinfood is one of the most YMMV aftershaves out there. for me, it is one of the best.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is certainly not for me. The scent is far too strong and unpleasant. As soon as I had smoothed it on, I wiped it straight off. Other Trumpers are fine, but not this. However, if you like pronounced scents, go for it.

I do wonder, though, whether skin food actually does anything more than cold water does.
From the GFT sampler pack. I was disappointed in the lack of moisturizing qualities, but the glycerin did at least leave my face feeling smooth. The scent is pleasant and doesn't stick around. This stuff is slippery and little goes a long way, just with the other skin foods. This was good to try, but I wouldn't lay out the bucks for a whole bottle.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I tried this along with the coral skin food and the results are about the same (see my more detailed comment on the CSF review thread). Though I love their coconut oil shaving cream, I think this is absolutely useless sickening stuff. That goes for the entire skin food range.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Enough has been said about skin food on these forums, so I don't really feel that I need to go much into the merits of this product. It's wonderfully moisturizing and works superbly as an aftershave. But the main reason I'm posting this review is because this one offers a different scent. The sandalwood skin food isn't nearly as sweet as the cologne and is actually a very pleasant scent. I love this combined with Trumper's sandalwood soap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)