What's new

Trumper's Rose

Pros: Great cream overall
Cons: A little pricey
This is the first cream I ever bought and boy am I glad it was! It really has the ideal consistency, a great rose scent (so relaxing) and good glide. The moisturizing isn't incredible but it's not bad either. This is the standard by which I judge all the other creams.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I was thoroughly underwhelmed with this cream. I have many top shelf products from other manufacturers so I am by no means put off by a high price, or expecting miracles. Yet, despite realistic expectations, I honestly find this cream lacking in every category. It does not provide much protection when shaving, it is fussy to lather, does not adequately moisturize the face (but doesn't dry it either), and it does not provide adequate lubrication for the blade to glide.

It was, in fact, a very mediocre product. I will not be purchasing it again.

Although the scent was heavenly, and I like the pink coloring, the actual work end of this cream was lacking in every single important respect. I enjoy shaving with Proraso infinitely more than this cream, and don't even get me started with DR. Harris soaps or MWF.

In my book a definite :thumbdown
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
The scent was a deal killer for me. I wanted to like this but the smell was very strong. Also, it did not lather near as well as my go-to TOBS avocado cream. Not sure this makes sense but the lather seemed to be thin even with very little water. I guess it was okay but certainly not great (for me).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Trumpers Rose is, in the Trumpers line, one of their most popular and classic creams.

It's very good for my sensitive skin, offering a high grade of slickness and protection.

It lathers very well, has a very pleasant sweet rose smell and gives a superb shave each time I use it.

In other words a solid English cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Another from my sampler pack. I wish this smelled as nice as my Thayers splash. The two sort of clash instead of complement when I use them together. Pleasant enough, a thick lather with adequate cushion, and relatively moisturizing. Definitely worth a try.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
i to am a fan of trumpers in general. the lime and the rose seem to be my new favorites now.
I can compare it with Taylor's rose. It very creamy padded one with a pleasanter fragrance with a darker colour. He foams quickly and easily. At Taylor much better moistens onto the existence of a rose.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Found that the lather smells and feels wonderful!

Unfortunately, it doesn't shave as well or condition my skin anywhere near as well as TOBS Rose. TOBS Rose is cheaper to boot!
This is truly a top quality cream. Excellent lather and a subtle rose scent. I also like the color of the cream and the light tint to the lather.
This is my favorite shave cream so far,lathers very nice with a fresh scent
The shave is close and nice and makes me feel fresh and awake.
fell inloved with this one .
defenitly gonna buy this cream .

the blade just slide on this cream .
highly recomended
So I'm slowly working my way through the Trumpers sample pack and finally got around to trying this cream. Overall, I find it okay, but certainly not outstanding. Given the choice, I would buy other creams which I find work better, some of which are a good deal less expensive.

Quality is pretty good, it's made by Creightons, just like some other UK shaving creams. One thing I do not like is the use of bright pink dye. They should've just left the color alone. Also, the scent smells fairly artificial and cloying out of the container. It does get quite a bit better once you lather it up though.

As far as performance, the lather is pretty nice but not as protective nor as slick as Taylor's Avocado, which is my benchmark for this type of UK shaving cream. Of course, it's nowhere near as slick or as moisturizing as Gentleman's Refinery.

Both GFT and some forum members tout this cream as good for sensitive skin. I'm not so sure. After using it I got the same kind of warming sensation, though less intense, as I got from the GFT sandalwood cream. This would indicate some sort of allergy to something in the cream. Also, by the third pass, I got a little stinging sensation. So if you have sensitive skin, you might want to pass on this cream. I just ordered some GFT rose shaving soap and I hope I don't have the same problem with it. I'll probably leave the soap uncovered for a few days before trying it to let the fragrance dissipate a little.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Love it! excellent lather and very nice subtle scent. I tried most TOBS creams, rose included and Trumpers beats TOBS hands down. There's a reason why Trumpers products are more expensive. The rose and the almond Trumpers are my favorites.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Superb stuff but I actually prefer the scent of the soap (Trumper's Rose) which is a little more refined.
This is my first Trumpers shave cream experience and it was great. Lathering it up feels like massaging soft rose petals all over your beard:w00t:Haha! I found the scent to be very pleasing, although only something that I'd crave once in a while. . .
I am a great fan of Trumper's but I find this just an awful smell and I just hate it. While it does have the other good qualities of Trumper products ... which I have been using for 30 years ... I just don't like this one. I am glad I bought only a tube instead of a tub and I will eventually use it up but sparingly. How a company that can produce such wonderful products as Almond, Coconut, GFT, violet and other great shave creams produce this one I will never know. On the other hand, shaving creams are like women: one man's choice is another's misery.
This was the first Trumper's shaving cream I ever tried. I loved it from the first, and still do. It lathers really well, has a medium consistency - protective, yet not so thick that it clogs my DE's, The fragrance is just marvelous too. I've used this rubbed in, and used it whipped. It just flat works, either way. A great product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Terrific cream, particularly in winter.
This really is a superb cream.It lathers up a dream, shaves well and smells great.Having bought Trumper's Sandlewood cream and not been too impressed I wasn't sure what to expect with this.I wasn't exactly a HUGE fan of rose scents either (you'll wonder why I bought this) but I wanted to try at least one rose scented product and I'm so glad it was this one.When it is done I'll defo be buying more!Get some now you wont be dissapponted
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
My favourite of all time. I also like the GFT, Violet and Almond creams from Trumpers but the Rose version is great and I've often been tempted to just eat the tub as it smells so good!

It has everything which you would want from a shaving cream and if you haven't tried it yet, do so. Utter class.
Top Bottom