What's new

Trumper's Limes

Pros: Lather, lubrication
Extract of Limes, like most of Geo. F. Trumper's shaving creams, is one of the best I've ever tried.
This pale green iridescent cream has a light scent that reminds me of key lime pie. It isn't overpowering, and it doesn't last long.
What does last is the thick, rich lather. With a moderately dry brush, this cream sticks closely to the face, providing more than enough lubrication for a close, comfortable shave.
Since I got this as a sample, I'm rating the packaging and price based on my prior experience with Trumper's creams. It's pricey, but worth it.
Geo. F. Trumper's shaving creams are top of the line. Scent, while pleasant, isn't long lasting, so you'll have to bring your own cologne to the party. As a shaving cream, few are its equal, and none, in my experience, are better.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great initial scent. Good, firm soap
Cons: cost
This is a cream I have used for about a year and love it. I use Palmolive for my everyday shave as it costs 1/6th the price of the Trumpers but the Trumpers Limes is my treat.

Great cream for a good shave. Note to self - must buy more soon!

Some people have said that the scent disappears too quickly. I actually like this as I can shave with the cream and have a very gentle scent for a few hours or I can use a different scent without ant masking.

To sum up,great lather,rich,smooth with a delicate scent. What more could a chap want:wink2:?!!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I found this cream to lather beautifully. However, the presence of parabens is a put-off. My skin was left dry and irritated, maybe its the parabens? I also find the artificial colouring to be off-putting as well. Don't hesitate to try however, my skin type may require aa different fragrence in the Trumper's line; even though the ingredients have no mention of EOs. I do feel that for 7 times less in cost that Palmolive is much better.

Ryan.
Price: You pay the price for quality
Scent: One of my fav's. Has a very nice Lime scent that in some weird way just makes me happy.
Latherability: No problem with getting a great rich lather at all.
Efficacy: Little goes a long way.
Moisturizing: My face felt great after.
Packaging: Above average
Got a sample of this. Can't beat the price. I got a ton of samples for only $4 USD including shipping from London.

This is the first I have ever tried GT creams. I have tried many brands and this one blew me away. This is the only cream that I felt actually WORKING on my skin. It lathered extremely well with just a small pea sized amount. As I brushed it into my skin, I could feel and see it actually foaming up and picking up my whiskers and just bubbling away on my face even after brushing in and letting it sit for a few seconds.

Razor glide was awesome. Nice pillow feel with tons of nice lather. I love this stuff and can't wait to try the other scents. The only thing that concerns me is their use of artificial coloring. Kinda makes me feel like there is no need for the coloring that does nothing for the shave itself but only adds appearance which I don't care about. There are rumors that artificial coloring is cancer causing but won't swear by it as I am not knowledgeable in that area but thought it was worth mentioning.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is one that I started using a while back, shelved it, and then came back to it again. Now I am pretty much done with it. No matter how much I like so many of it's attributes I find it irritates my skin but I don't have this problem with other citrus creams like AOS/JM Fraser/KMF.

This is pricey stuff, which I don't mind if the product is incredible and works wonders for me, but this one doesn't.

It lathers beautifully - easy, thick, cushiony lather. To me, it is really lacking in the slick department - I use a straight almost exclusively and this is a very important department for me. I find slickness a bit less critical when I use a DE.

Very good quality stuff - consistent in the tub.

I love the scent - kinda barber shoppish/soapy/limes - great.

Efficacy - well, it works really well and I get incredibly close shaves with it so it is certainly effective.

Moisturizing - pretty good, not nearly as good as many others which I have on hand.

I wish this one worked for me but I guess I have somewhat sensitive skin. I don't get any irritation from any other cream or soap I've tried (and I've tried plenty!) so I don't know what is in this one. Oh well, one of my friends is going to get a very nice tub of Trumpers Limes!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Nice stuff. Great creamy lather and gives a great shave. I liked the clean lime scent and thought the strength was about right but, prefered the Almond. Personally I think the packaging, specially the plastic bowl, a bit cheap and tacky. I would have thought that a product at the price would have been a little better presented but, it's a minor point as the stuff works so well. Will definately buy more Trumpers products.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Disclaimer: I've been wetshaving for only about six weeks. Creams I've tried include Proraso, and every cream in the T&H line.

Comparatively, this stuff blows the T&H creams away, IMHO. Lathers amazingly. Goes from pretty good lather to OUTSTANDING lather when the water/cream ratio is just right. This morning it only took one extra drop of water and about 15 more seconds of brush work to produce gorgeous, thick, slick, beautiful lather.

The scent is nice. Light, but nice. Smells great when lather is applied to the face, but fades very quickly. I don't really have a problem with that. I don't want my SC to compete with my cologne, anyway.

I put n/a for price and packaging because I tried this using a sample pack. I don't have any idea how much it costs, and I'm kind of afraid to find out, because this is the first sample of anything that I kind of feel like I really have to buy a large amount of right away.

Love it!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
It was actually a bit of a surprise. I tend to like strong Lime scent's like slicing through a fresh ripe lime. When I first smelled the GFT Limes I wasn't sure if I liked it, almost a bit too floral I thought. My sniffer was expecting that little green thing that floats around in a Corona and it got something altogether different. However, all it took was one use and I was hooked. I actually appreciate the scent and imagine it as more a mix of the scents from the flower and the fruit of a Lime tree. You can't ask for a better shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I bought some recently. It lathers about as well as Proraso and Erasmic, but is vastly more expensive. I do like the smell, but it does die very quickly. I am glad I have it, but would never buy it again at such a high price. Proraso, on the other hand for me is the best! What a smell, I love it. Back to Trumpers. As I said, a good cream, but is it worth nearly seven times as much as Erasmic, or eight times as much as Palmolive cream? No Way!
Cheers,
Martin :w00t:
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I just don't know what happened. Maybe it's the reformulations or something. I've used every other Trumpers cream except Sandalwood and the Lime was just off. The others are great and I have no complaints. The Lime was almost runny coming out of the tube. It still lathered well. I know scent is really a personal thing and lime isn't mine but for some reason this stuff was just off.
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Great physical properties like the other Trumper's GFT I've tried and liked, but you gotta be kidding me about this scent. It is by no means impressive; I don't know why I bought it, I guess I thought it would open up when immersed with the brush. If anything, all that makes me smell is the brush even more. I'd never buy it again and be glad to swap it with another user's snooty cream sample of any other scent.
*sigh*

Color me unimpressed, and add it to the list of Trumper's creams I find OK at best.

Scent - In a word, it sucks. Not terrible terrible, but bad enough to where I want to get the shave over as quickly as possible.

Gives mounds of lather very quickly. However, this is not the slick, rich and thick lather I desire out of shaving soaps/creams. Quality over quantity here, and the quality is mediocre.

Shaves OK. Not very close-cutting and not all that lubricating. Overall, fairly disappointing for a pricey product. I love the design of the GFT tubes, but the tubs are cheap.

Spend $5 more and get Castle Forbes. Better yet, 3 tubs of QED Fresh Limes or 3 tubs of J.M. Fraser's :tongue_sm
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
The cream itself is good, just like any other GFT creams I've tried, but the scent is bad IMO. It smells like a liquid hand soap from a public restroom.
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've had Trumper's Limes for a while and just recently picked it up again in my rotation, so I thought it was time to comment on this fine cream. I first became interested in buying this cream after getting good results with it in a Trumper's sampler pack. Then after doing a little reading about it, I liked the idea of it being a cream with a long and masculine tradition. There's even an interesting bit of shave-lore about why the labelling on the Trumper's Limes package is pink instead of lime green: During the "Great War," green inks/dyes were taken out of most commercial use to reserve them for the manufacutre of military supplies -- Trumper's switched to pink labelling on the packages and then just decided to keep the pink labels after the War.

Returning to this cream after having not used it for a while makes me really appreciate what a fine lathering cream this is. After struggling with some of my other favorite creams over the last several weeks, it's a pleasure to get instant lather with only a small dab of the Limes.

I note that others here wish the scent of Trumper's Limes was stronger, but for me this light lime scent is just about right. You can enjoy a nice crisp scent of limes while shaving, but then not go around smelling like a fruit bowl for the rest of the day.

I don't get as excited about this cream as I do some others in my shave den, but it's offers a great shave and leaves my skin feeling fresh and healthy all day.
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
It's a fine cream, and shaves wonderfully, as the above reviews testify. The weak scent lets it down, as does the old fashioned metal tube it's packaged in which holes all too easily. If your a fan of the Limes fragrance as I am then you may be dissapointed. It's barely noticeable.
Value for money? It's not an everyday cream, as it disappears quickly, and won't last long. Maybe as a treat every now and then. The acid test for me is whether or not I would buy a product again. In this case, no.
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
D
What can I say, i got an excellent shave with this stuff.

The scent is very light and colors are a real turn off to me, I do not like (artificial?) dyes in my products.

So i am not satisfied, it cost too much money not to be perfect; but it does what it is supposed to do very well.

well....back to the Taylors of Old Bond.

z
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
My first comment / review:biggrin:

Nearly everything about this cream is good. It produces a wonderful lather with great lubrication; one gets a real luxury feel from this cream. My only complaint is the scent - it is hardly there, and doesn't have a real "limey" character to it.

But there is a solution: a drop or two of lime essential oil into the mix produces a wonderful fragrance. I now look forward to using it in rotation with T&H West Indian Limes (I'm a limes fan). The Trumpers is a bit more expensive than the T&H, but you get more in the tub (200g vs. 165g.).
Or maybe my honker just doesn't work like it did 40 years ago...

Over all quality is for me a 9, It did it's job and did it extremely well. Very likely this was the most comfortable shave I've had in 35 years of wet shaving.

The scent? YMMV. It could have been stronger and I would have liked it better. The odor of my new brush easily overpowered it.

Latered right up into a smooth, dense foam. Beautiful!

It protected my face and allowed the razor to do it's job perfectly. After the shave my face is a little tight, which is ideal.

Packaging, eh. What can you do with packaging a tube of cream? It's a plastic tube in a cardboard box. It works. It's neat.

Overall great stuff! More lime!
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Got a lovely tube of Trumper's Limes shave cream from a trade and gave it a whirl. The cream lathered easily and gave a nice thick and slick lather. The scent was clean and subtle of Lime EO.

Gave an excellent shave and provided great lubrication for the Feather blade.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)