What's new

Trumper's Limes

Item Description

Got a lovely tube of Trumper's Limes shave cream from a trade and gave it a whirl. The cream lathered easily and gave a nice thick and slick lather. The scent was clean and subtle of Lime EO.

Gave an excellent shave and provided great lubrication for the Feather blade.

Latest reviews

Pros: Lather, lubrication
Extract of Limes, like most of Geo. F. Trumper's shaving creams, is one of the best I've ever tried.
This pale green iridescent cream has a light scent that reminds me of key lime pie. It isn't overpowering, and it doesn't last long.
What does last is the thick, rich lather. With a moderately dry brush, this cream sticks closely to the face, providing more than enough lubrication for a close, comfortable shave.
Since I got this as a sample, I'm rating the packaging and price based on my prior experience with Trumper's creams. It's pricey, but worth it.
Geo. F. Trumper's shaving creams are top of the line. Scent, while pleasant, isn't long lasting, so you'll have to bring your own cologne to the party. As a shaving cream, few are its equal, and none, in my experience, are better.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great initial scent. Good, firm soap
Cons: cost
This is a cream I have used for about a year and love it. I use Palmolive for my everyday shave as it costs 1/6th the price of the Trumpers but the Trumpers Limes is my treat.

Great cream for a good shave. Note to self - must buy more soon!

Some people have said that the scent disappears too quickly. I actually like this as I can shave with the cream and have a very gentle scent for a few hours or I can use a different scent without ant masking.

To sum up,great lather,rich,smooth with a delicate scent. What more could a chap want:wink2:?!!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I found this cream to lather beautifully. However, the presence of parabens is a put-off. My skin was left dry and irritated, maybe its the parabens? I also find the artificial colouring to be off-putting as well. Don't hesitate to try however, my skin type may require aa different fragrence in the Trumper's line; even though the ingredients have no mention of EOs. I do feel that for 7 times less in cost that Palmolive is much better.

Ryan.

Item information

Added by
Halden
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.45 star(s) 20 ratings

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from Halden

Top Bottom