What's new

Trumpers Lavender Water Cologne

I haven't sniffed a grandmother recently, but this is not grandmotherly in my view. It was a bottle of Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel that got me interested in this lavender water. I had no experience with any GF Trumpers prior this.

I had little experience with floral scents being a confirmed vetiver, spice and wood fan. When I snagged a few bottles of Thayers I was pleased with the lavender scent. The Trumpers is much different, not so sweet, and having an added wild element to it, an earthy, tangy, pruned shrub, woody asparagus stem thing going on. It is discrete, a good thing.

This is an outdoorsy and natural scent not at all artificial. SWMBO detected the fragrance, but did not associate it with cologne. She thought I brought home a potted plant.

It plays well in the workplace. No one has asked if I have a grandmother in my office.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
This must be a case of YMMV, because I have found myself (and my wife) loving this. I only have the sample, which has spent some months at the bottom of my drawer. I decided to finally give it try to see how it went.
In the bottle the only scent I get is Lavender, once it is on there is a mild musk scent building up behind that. After about an hour all I could smell was the musk. It has a very nice sweet/spicy thing going on now, about 12 hours later, somewhat reminiscent of Old Spice Musk. I'm glad I gave this one a try and was not put off by the initial lavender, will keep it on my list of things to buy.
My sentiments exactly.

This cologne reeks of lavendar. Not much else going on, maybe some very subtle and barely distinguishable woody notes somewhere in there, but really strongly lavendar-smelling. I guess that is what you would expect. I didn't rate this for most of the items, because I received a free sample. The staying power worked well for me, but since I didn't really like the scent, was moot.

I was reminded of the stereotypical too much application of a bad cologne throughout my experience.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Gadzooks, I appear to smell like my grandmother.

This scent clings and won't let go, much like a needy matriarch. "Versatile like the modern gent", so sayeth Geo F. Trumpers from whence comes this venerable old cologne, but I suspect that it has more in common with ladies from a bygone era.

No thanks!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity