What's new

Trumpers Coconut

Pros: Marvelous and protective lather
Cons: a little pricey
Along with Castle Forbes Lime,this Coconut cream is my absolute favorite.Nothing compares to it. Try it,you'll love it.I'm sure!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: dense lather, 'natural' smell, sturdy packaging
Cons: expensive, scent might be weak for some
This is a great cream. For me it performs better than the Trumper soaps and is ridiculously easy to lather. It is of course expensive but the lather is very dense and moisturizing. Unlike Trumpers soaps, the scent of this cream is rather subdued and those hoping for a huge blast of coconut might be a bit disappointed. On a positive note however the coconut in this product smells natural, like real coconut oil instead of a stronger synthetic approximation of coconut you get in some cheaper products. I was actually hoping for a bit more 'coconut' but this product performs so well I can overlook the mild scent. The tub is super-sturdy and will make a great...something....once I'm done with this cream.

If roll deep and can afford 30 bucks for it this stuff you might want to give it a try.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
One of my favorites and a staple in my line-up.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This was awesome overall. You can easily get a 4 to 5 pass shave if you wanted that. The lather is thick and rich. The smell is great but could be a bit stronger. Reminds me of the caribbean.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I want to love this product. I really do. I get a nice, moist lather, it has a great scent, but my blade always skips. Just not slick enough for me.

I don't care about the packaging, which is why I put n/a. As long as it opens and closes easily, I'm fine with it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Of all of the creams that I have tried - and I've tried many, since I've been using a brush-and-cream since 1963 or 4 - I've always found Trumpers to be one of the best English luxury creams, along with T&H and Coates.

The Coconut, however is their best cream. It produces scads of dense, lubricating lather, and returns a great and close shave.

I don't particularly like a strongly scented cream, so the minimalist coconut scent works for me.

I find it a true pleasure to shave with - it may be a bit expensive, but you do get what you pay for with this cream!

Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
First shave with Trumper's Coconut was excellent
The cream lathered easily, was rich and moist
Nice scent, not too strong.
I had an excellent shave.
One of my very favorite shaving creams. Trumper has nailed the scent, and it whips up to a luxurious lather.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I have shaved with the entire range of creams produced by Geo F Trumper and, even if they are all good creams, the Coconut Oil is their very best offering.

The Coconut Oil cream gives an excellent lather, has a terrific dry coconut fragrance and allows your razor to glide very easily on your skin.

This cream is both very slick, dense and moisturising, so it's my personal n.1 in the Trumpers line (the second is the Rose).

Trumpers Coconut Oil shaving cream has a life-time spot in my rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: Expensive but normal for high end creams.
Scent: I don't mind it. Smells like sun tan lotion to be honest.
Latherability: Works great in this department
Efficacy: Same as all the other Trumper creams.
Moisturizing: aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh very nice.
Packaging: I actually have this cream in a tube and I like the color scheme they used.
Simply the best at any price.
Love it, great all rounder, I find it gives a great shave, with no skin iritation, even when I have a bad day.

Smell works great in tandem with a Bay rum :D

Tom
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just dug out my almost empty pot of GFT Coconut today, after not using it for almost a year. I'd forgotten just how great it is, so I thought I'd do a quick review. When I run this pot out, I'm definitely buying another. :smile:

Price
I gave it an 8, yes it's a little on the pricey side, but IMO it's well worth it.

Quality
Easy 10, best product I've ever used.

Scent
Almost perfect, if the scent was a little stronger I'd have scored it a 10.

Latherability
Another easy 10, this is the easiest product to lather of everything I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot!

Efficacy
Another 10, I don't know anything that gives as good a shave as this, I used it today as I had a bit of razor burn and sensitivity from using a soap I was mildly allergic to yesterday. Lovely smooth shave an no razor burn.

Moisturizing Properties
Great, no need for a moisturiser afterwards. :)

Packaging
No frills really, but a nice solid pot of decent quality. Mine is 18 months old and has no damage or wear, and still opens easily and closes securely, despite travelling a handful of times.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I love Trumpers creams. This cream has a perfect scent of coconut and is not overpowering and leaves your face smooth and fresh. This is my favorite! The price is cheap if ordered directly from Trumpers website. Like $12 USD....you can't beat that!:w00t:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This stuff is quite simply BRILLIANT!!! I rate this higher than the TOBS Avocado cream. The scent is great, not over powering and the moisturizing effects are great.

Lathers up like a dream, like all Trumpers products. Highly recommended. :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The metal tube is my travel cream. It's much more useful than the plastic tubes used by most other companies, you always know how much you have left.
This cream is fantastic, it lathers up to a thick paste very easily, moisturises well and has ok protection.
The smell is beautiful, very natural and not too sweet.
I will likely always have a tube of this in my rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This review only substantiates my purchase of the GFT Coconut shaving cream, can't wait to use it!
Folks, personally this cream did not suit me as well as the Taylor's since it is a slightly less dense cream than that of the Taylor's lineup. It still lathers well but does not have the exact efficacy of the Taylor's creams which I regulalry use.

The scent is lovely and the tub is just as good since it is not as fidgity to use as the Taylor's tub. It opens in a true fashion aswell as closes in that sense. If you are a fan of less dense shaving creams with a wonderfully nice coconut scent, then I certainly recommend this product to you.

All round I would say this is an ok product, but Taylor's is priced less and shaves better on my skin.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Introduction: Geo F. Trumper (GFT) creams are said to be a step above Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) creams. As I mentioned in my previous review of GFT Violet, GFT creams seem to attract greedy vendors who overcharge for the creams. Shame on you, greedy vendors.

Price: I paid $23.75 for a tub of this. Considering that the cream is a step above TOBS and that it is 200 mL dense, I think it is a fair price.

Lather: Wow, hello! The lather is trully amazing. I probably had enough for eight passes.

Scent: I love the scent. It smells like coconut (go figure).

Shave: I got DFS in three passes with my Mergress. I did receive some irritation, which might come from the cream. I'm staring to think that I am allergic to most creams. That may be a good thing, considering that I have developed a love for soaps.

Moisturizing properties: My face feels moist and healthy.

Packaging: The cream comes in a tub and the tub in a brown box with designs on the outside. I like the packaging.

Final thoughts: While GFT creams are $5 away from being double what TOBS creams are, I think they (or at least this one) are worth the price. Great lather, scent, and quality is what GFT provides.

Where to purchase: The best place to purchase this (and any GFT product) is ShavingEssentials.net. $23.75 with get you a 200 mL tub and great service. Do yourself a favor and avoid the vendors that charge upwards of $25 (some even charge $35) for GFT creams. They need to get off Mars and realize that not even GFT sells the creams for that much.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
D
Yeah, it's not cheap, but as the Volvo dealer once said to my wife years ago, you can't go wrong with quality madam. I don't know where to begin or where to end. This was the first cream I ever ordered from Lee at Lee's Safety Razors, and it continues to be my #1 choice bar none. Is it more expensive than Taylors and pretty much anything else? Yes, but it's well worth it.

I've tried the Taylor's Rose and Avacado. Nice shaves? Yes. Great shaves? If they were, then with the GFT Coconut, I"ve died and gone to heaven. Let's face it, blades just aren't that expensive (say an average of $.30 a piece on the high end). Assuming 3 shaves per blade, that's $.10 per shave every day. Forget the cost of the brush, stand, and razor, because over a life time or even a year, it's at most $.01 per shave. So, that leaves the cream. At $35 per pot and about 60 shave (a few less but I already rounded up on the blades), that makes the total cost of a shave less than $.75 per day or about $300 per year. For that type of luxury, nothing even comes close to the GFT Coconut (other than the almond, which is also out of this world).

I currently have two tubs of coconut, one of almond, two tubs of Taylors, and a couple of other creams on hand. The only thing that comes close to the coconut is the almond. Do yourself a favor, pamper yourself and enjoy the wet shaving luxury for what it is.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)