What's new

Trumpers Almond Shaving Soap

I bought some from a member here and it doesn't smell like almond at all. I have Trumpers almond shaving cream and it does have the cherry smell.
I have found this to be an excellent soap for sensitivity skins. The aroma is gentle but pleasing to me. Like almost all GFT soaps, it provides a wonderful, rich, moist lather.

The only con is that is expensive.
This soap costs 10 Pounds Sterling in the UK and less than 15 dollars here in California or 25 dollars with the bowl. The cost of the bowl has nothing to do with the value of the soap. This is excellent soap that can be had at a fair price.
Previously the best I've used in this arena was Barbasol foam. I'd used Mitchell's soap, but not the woolfat kind everyone here seems to like.

Anyway, I really enjoy this product. The price for 80g in a bowl was 50 dollars, which is entirely too much, in my opinion. However, that being said, it does have its advantages. I appreciate how gentle this almond flavoured soap is. It does not have a very pungent smell, of any discernable flavour. What it most reminds me off, is the strong soap they use in hospitals. (I went to a school, that was formerly a hospital, so we used the nurses soap). This, for me, at least, is an entirely welcome improvement. It leaves my face feeling cool and sanitized. As well, the soap feels very soft on the face.

In Summation:

Pros:

Brilliant hospital like cleanliness
Very soft feeling

Cons:

Exorbitant price.

Just remember, everyone is different. I find hospitals relaxing, and a source of comfort, other people freak out. If you are someone who find hospitals foreboading and unnervingly clinical in their sterility, I'd suggest you stay away. If you are one of the people who has been acclimatised to them, then I'd say go for it. It would be the same reason why one probably wouldn't recommend Chypre to a virulent anti-smoker, or I wouldn't recommend Taboo Absinthe to someone who hates liqourice or Anise.
All Trumper soaps are solid performers that provide great cushion and lubrication. Almond, however, is the only scent of their soaps I don't like. WAY too sweet and smells nothing like almond to me:thumbdown

Buy their coconut soap instead :drool:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
:biggrin:

After using a staight for the last 30 or so years i've recently switched to DE shaving, (old age catching up with me)--This has always been one of my go to soaps when available to me. A bit expensive BUT always dependable, invigorating and SLICK!! Slick being the most important characteristic. Last a longgg time, (tripled milled) and unlike some soaps will not dry you out!
Its hard to believe only a few have commented on this soap, ok its not tabac but almost in a different way.
Try it if you get the chance.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
IMO if judged purely on the shaving performance this is the best of the Trumper's shaving soaps; the lather is rich, creamy, and slippery, and doesn't seem to be as prone to drying out as some of their other soaps. The scent however is too grandmotherly for me to put up with on a daily basis. I do like the smell if I use a bay rum aftershave, however I have to make it through the shave to get to that point...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is a fine product and I used it for many years but switched to Trumper's shaving cream which I find even better. A lot of posters seem to be down on Trumper's products for reasons I don't understand but do find supercilious. The company makes a line of exceptional products as far as I can tell ... and I have used the products of most of their major competitors ... and I still go back to Trumper's. While I continue to keep one of Trumper's wooden bowl with shaving soap around for sentimental reasons mostly I find that I rarely use it because the cream is so much better. After reading the other day the posts about Crabtree and Evelyn's Sienna shaving cream I bought a tube (think goodness I did not buy a bowl) to try it out. Yes, the lather is a bit thicker than Trumper's or any of the others but the smell does stay and stay and stay ... and it is not nearly as pleasant as Trumper's almond ... my favourite ... although all of the other Trumper creams hit just the right touch of scent to my tastes.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Lovely stuff, the sweet scent is delightful first thing in the morning, gives me an appetite for breakfast. Somehow despite the sweetness it doesn't smell feminine, despite the Amaretto association. Trumpers are wizards with the fragrances.
It lathers up as rich as you like, a smooth, creamy lather that doesn't dry out while you strop the razor. Provides excellent lubrication and beard softening for a really smooth shave, leaves the skin feeling really good, noticably really good. Maybe one for sensitive skin over the Sandalwood soap.
The scent lingers faintly on the skin, giving a little extra sweetness to the Tabac aftershave I used this morning, compliments it very nicely, though subtly.

It's a winner!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing